Director, Software Development
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
About The Role:
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Director of Software Development to lead multiple teams. You’ll work hand in hand with Software Developers focusing on building company culture, people leadership, coaching and team performance. Directors also own strategic projects and facilitate change across the entire organization. You will be empowered to turn your ideas into actions and to help shape the future of Neo’s engineering department.
What you'll be doing:
- Building - Help push Neo to be a top engineering organization through recruiting, retaining, coaching individuals helping to shape team organization, and finding ways to do more with less. Set the pace while engaging engineering, product, and other relevant business stakeholders to keep the entire team aligned
- Motivating - You will inspire teams through goal setting, clear expectations, and helping to explain and navigate the priorities of a fast moving company. You will work to set goals for individuals and teams and will more importantly keep them accountable as you push for excellence
- Iterating - You are a change agent that will continue to evolve and mature current engineering practices as Neo pushes to always improve the quality, stability, and efficiency of software deliver
Who we're looking for:
- Current or former developers, architects, or engineers who have experience managing and leading agile technology teams
- Humble leaders who build through service, but who are not afraid to speak up, provide feedback, or hold teammates accountable
- Builders who have experience building and growing larger teams through continuous recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training
- Achievers who aren’t happy with an average team and genuinely want to build the best software development team in Canada
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Calgary, AB
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity - employees are owners.When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.
Something looks off?