Development Team Lead
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Development Team Lead in Calgary.
A successful Lead Software Developer at Neo is a hands-on coder and architect who sets the bar for engineering excellence; while also running our development process and leading, mentoring, and even interviewing developers. You‘ll be responsible for a small “two-pizza team” including team deliverables, dev culture, and practices like Kanban, automated testing, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS - but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a small full-stack development team and own a whole product or major initiative
- Set the pace and set the bar as one of our best hands-on developers
- Continuously improve with the goal of creating Canada’s top-performing dev team
- Help plan and evolve our cutting-edge architecture following best-in-industry patterns
- Own the technology, code, deliverables, and milestones for major development projects
- Be the voice for concerns like scalability, performance, security, and maintainability
- Lead standup meetings, retrospectives, code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories
- Help recruit, interview, and hire software developers.
- Hold 1:1 meetings with your team, provide feedback, and hold people accountable
- Champion practices including Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery, Domain-driven Design, Kanban Process, etc
Who we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience building full-stack projects with strong front-end and back-end architecture knowledge
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements, etc
- Experience leading development teams or major software development projects
- Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); show excitement to learn our stack
- Comfort working with cloud-based infrastructure such as Amazon AWS (or similar)
- Social involvement and proven ability to interview, engage developers in the community, and above all else, motivate and connect with others
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate. Relocation packages and reimbursements are available
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity - employees are owners.When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.
Something looks off?