Staff Software Developer, Frontend
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world-class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Staff Frontend Software Developer to join our team in Calgary, AB.You’ll be collaborating with other talented devs; you’ll be a strong code and system designer. You‘ll focus on the development of front-end services and best practices from a holistic point of view. You’ll help to foster best practices in automated testing, and code reviews.
At Neo, you get to own code quality and own projects from inception through to deployment in a low red tape, low meeting obligation environment. You will be empowered to turn your ideas into actions and help shape the future of Neo’s front end tech stack. Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, MongoDB, and AWS.
What you'll be doing:
- As a Staff Frontend Developer, you’ll lead the way by developing solutions and implementations for the most complex features, as well as help shape the future of our front end properties
- Write exemplary code in Typescript to create best-in-class web-based interfaces, reusable interface components and to interact with our Apollo GraphQL API
- Be the example of what’s possible to other developers on the team and help to expand their knowledge
- Lead code reviews, front-end design reviews, and technical reviews of product stories with in-depth yet constructive criticism; give and take feedback
- Be vocal about efficiency and quality for yourself and your team; obsess over practices like Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery, or Refactoring
- Ensure solutions actually meet and exceed customer and business needs
- Participate in community events, interviewing, and mentoring developers of all levels
- Participate in improving and maintaining tooling and automation
Who we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Ability to build multiple responsive single-page web apps professionally that include using cutting-edge technologies and complex business logic
- Experience with version control, unit test authoring, code review, and deployment strategies
- Understand our tech stack (or similar technologies); show excitement to learn our stack
- Mastery in technologies such as React (or similar technologies like Angular or Vue)
- Mastery in performance optimization, scaling solutions, and expert knowledge of web security best practices (CORS, XSS, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure, specifically PaaS and SaaS based solutions
- On pace with the current tech ecosystem, state-of-the-art, trends, and announcements
- Experience working with teams, working on bigger products, or even startup experience
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate. Relocation packages and reimbursements are available.
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Always focused on the bigger picture, visualizes how the code could be used and scaled
- A mentor, leader and strong communicator with strong opinions on best practices
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity - employees are owners.When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.