Senior Infrastructure Developer
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Senior Infrastructure Engineer (AWS) in Calgary, AB.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Neo you'll be collaborating with a team of dedicated people to build, maintain, and improve upon our cutting-edge cloud architecture. Successful candidates make continuous improvements through a “configuration as code” approach to infrastructure and systems
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with Amazon AWS every day
- Crafting elegant Infrastructure as Code (IaC) modules (using Terraform) to ensure repeatable and maintainable cloud deployments
- Improving containerized infrastructure behind our cutting-edge GraphQL microservice architecture in AWS (using ECS, Fargate, & more)
- Employing serverless solutions to achieve massive scale and reliability without breaking the bank
- Spinning up, maintaining, monitoring, and securing a variety of data platforms, including PostgreSQL, MongoDB Atlas, Elasticsearch, or Redis – we believe in using the right tool for every job
- Improving network design and AWS networking infrastructure to optimize for cost, performance, security and scalability
- Developing tools and improving processes to make it easier for developers to ship code and work with our cloud resources
- Jumping in on production incidents if they occur, and helping us learn and improve
- Developing tools and practices to detect and defend us from infrastructure-centric security attacks: bots, DDOS attacks, and other evolving threats
- Collaborating with stakeholders from across Neo to ensure secure, reliable, and scalable cloud solutions are available to everyone
Who we're looking for:
- A history of creating and maintaining cloud infrastructure professionally; you’ve deployed resources and managed active applications on a cloud provider like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- You know your way around the web console (and other tools) for one or more cloud service providers.
- Experience creating infrastructure with code, using Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, Ansible, etc.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines to automate how software moves from development to production.
- Understanding of how networks operate, how the internet works, how the web works, how data is transferred.
- Experience working professionally with common development tools like Git and Github.
- Strong scripting skills with Bash or similar; comfortable working in a Unix-based terminal environment.
- Working experience securing cloud deployments and APIs; familiarity with the systems of policies, roles or permissions in the cloud.
- Strong software development skills – we’re not picky about which language you’re best with, but programming is a big part of the role.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills; experience working within development teams and with outside stakeholders.
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability to work and research independently to find the best way forward.
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements.
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.