Senior Fullstack Developer
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Our engineering team casts a wide net of problem solvers and self-starters, who are all energized by fast-paced work and can adjust their footing swiftly on any given day. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
Neo Financial is looking for full-time Senior Fullstack Developers to join our team in Winnipeg.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you will be collaborating with other talented devs; you’ll be a top code contributor and commit example-worthy code every day. You‘ll work on architecture, front-end (web) and back-end code while fostering best practices like agile, automated testing, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
At Neo, you get to own code quality and own projects from inception through to deployment. Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS - but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
- Create web-based interfaces and re-usable interface components with Typescript and React
- As a Senior developer, you’ll lead the way by taking on the hardest stories, features and bugs
- Ship a lot of code and be the example of what’s possible to other developers on the team
- Evolve a micro-services architecture by constantly implementing patterns and practices like idempotency, asynchronous communication, distributed transactions, & more
- Lead code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories with in-depth yet constructive criticism; give and take feedback
- Be vocal about efficiency and quality for yourself and your team; obsess over practices like Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery, or Refactoring
- Ensure solutions actually meet customer and business needs - not just minimum defined requirements
- Participate in community events, interviewing, and mentoring junior and intermediate developers
Who we're looking for:
- Built multiple full-stack web projects that included both cutting edge technologies and complex business logic
- Led projects from start to finish, including design, architecture and development
- Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); excitement and personal drive to learn what you don’t know.
- Expert in > 1 programming language - preferably at least one dynamic/interpreted language
- Experience in performance optimization, scaling solutions and a strong knowledge of security best practices
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure, specifically PaaS and SaaS based solutions
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends, and announcements
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate. Relocation packages and reimbursements are available
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Always focused on the bigger picture, sees how the code could be used and scaled
- A mentor, leader, and strong communicator
About Applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity - employees are owners.When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.