Senior Associate, Corporate Finance
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
As our next Senior Associate, Corporate Finance, you’ll use your expertise with financial models to partner closely with internal operations teams to develop a thorough understanding of the business and translate actions into financial terms. You will be responsible for collaboratively developing financial forecast models to align business operations with strategic goals and hold teams accountable for performance. You will work closely with all facets of the organization and act as conduit between operations and the senior leadership team.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with operations to develop rolling financial forecasts and performance models based on business inputs and key performance indicators
- Go beyond the numbers to generate business insights and provide recommendations for actionable decision making
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships across all teams and levels
- Evaluate product and business line performance and identify strategic opportunities for improvement
- Prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Apply strong analytical skills, judgement, attention to detail, and creativity to effectively solve problems
- Create and enhance financial processes, guidelines, and policies
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
- 8+ years of finance-related experience is ideal; experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g. investment banking, private equity, or consulting) would be useful
- CFA or progress towards a CFA, or an MBA is an asset
- Proven expertise in Excel modelling, analytics and Powerpoint
- Strong knowledge of FP&A and business operations
- Prior experience within a high growth organization or a professional services environment is a plus
- Experience using SQL/Python would be considered an asset
What will help you succeed:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to convey complex information and concepts in understandable terms
- Entrepreneurial DNA - comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with challenges along the way
- Experience that combines day-to-day execution, along with strategic planning, and business analytics
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Benefits of working at Neo:
Flexible Compensation Scenarios - the ability to choose your base salary and equity combination
Meaningful Equity - employees are owners.When the company succeeds, you do too
Extended Health Benefits - comprehensive health and dental coverage that starts on day one
Wellness Benefits - complimentary access to Headspace and FitOn Pro subscriptions
Paid Maternity & Parental Leave - company top-up and 100% benefits coverage while you’re away
Modern Office Space - our newly renovated headquarters in Calgary and Winnipeg is prime for collaboration and innovation
Learning Events - all-company huddles, product demo days, guest speakers, and more
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.
Something looks off?