Market Development Manager
Navan is looking for a Market Development Manager to train, coach, and motivate a team of high performing inbound Market Development Representatives. You will be a frontline manager focused on building sales pipeline and achieving individual and team quotas. You will partner closely with marketing on demand generation programs/campaigns and collaborate to develop the sales strategy while driving key initiatives to achieve sales objectives.
The ideal candidate loves solving problems, motivating his/her team and is constantly looking for ways to improve the sales process and conversion rates. This role reports to the Director of SMB.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, hire, train and ramp a team of 4 Market Development Representatives
- Develop and coach MDRs in their careers towards SDR and future roles
- Lead through Navan culture and values—be a culture carrier
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence
- Collaborate with marketing to drive new business through demand generation
- Dig into daily, weekly, and monthly performance metrics and consistently raise the bar
- Work closely with onboarding and enablement team to ensure consistent performance and improvement month over month, provide best practices, and enable the team on new tools and processes
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets
What We’re Looking For:
- 1+ years of experience managing an inside sales or sales development team preferably at a SaaS company
- 2+ years of working in an analytical role (Finance, Consulting, Business Operations)
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets
- Excellent communication, teamwork and people management skills
- Proven ability to think and forecast analytically
- Experience building and maintaining an inbound engine
- Ability to drive and manage cross-functional initiatives at scale
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change based on business need. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity.
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.