Staff Mobile Engineer
🚀 About Nava
Nava Benefits is on a mission to bring high quality affordable healthcare to every American. Today, healthcare costs represent 18% of our national GDP, and 20% of Americans have medical debt in collections. This problem is getting worse.
We envision a future where healthcare suppliers aggressively compete for business on the basis of cost, quality, and convenience. This is a world where competition pushes prices down while performance and quality improves, just like it does with every other industry in the United States.
📜 Role Overview: As a Staff Mobile Engineer, you will work in a dynamic and inclusive environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams to create cutting-edge tech solutions for benefits brokers and their clients. This is an industry that is ripe for innovation, and we are excited to have you on board as we work towards a brighter future for healthcare in America.
🐣 About the role
- Lead mobile initiatives through rapid prototyping, new feature and product development. Will work with engineers to define APIs and the data to power them
- Support mobile app release cycle.
- We are a small and mighty team working in a fast paced yet supportive environment. Ideas and outcomes are favored over endless debate.
- Support mobile engineers through leadership, mentorship. Lead by example – setting high standards for code quality, test coverage, and performance.
- You will be working in a highly collaborative and cross functional team. This is a role for someone who enjoys being close to the customer problem, collaborating with their peers in sales and marketing, and moving quickly to develop products that will one day power how the majority of Americans get healthcare.
👩🏼💻 Preferred experience
- Experience building mobile apps from the ground up in Swift.
- Deep knowledge of REST APIs and interactions within a mobile application.
- Working with product designers in a startup environment.
- Capable of delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops.
- 10+ years experience building iOS applications.
📚 Interest in our stack
🤝 Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We believe that solving America's healthcare problems requires leveraging our nation's diversity. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
🩺 Benefits: For all of our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from stock options, competitive salaries (Compensation: $185,000- $220,000) medical, dental, and vision coverage, short and long term disability, 401k, life insurance, unlimited vacation (with a two-week minimum), mental health resources, $1,000 stipend to set up your home office, flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA), $50/month connectivity reimbursement,$50/month to go towards a benefit of your choosing that will improve your mental or physical health and more.
Something looks off?