Staff Software Engineer
🚀 About Nava Benefits
Nava Benefits is on a mission to bring high quality affordable healthcare to every American. Today, healthcare costs represent 18% of our national GDP, and 20% of Americans have medical debt in collections. This problem is getting worse.
We envision a future where healthcare suppliers aggressively compete for business on the basis of cost, quality, and convenience. This is a world where competition pushes prices down while performance and quality improves, just like it does with every other industry in the United States.
🐣 Role Overview: As a Staff Software Engineer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, inclusive environment to create tech-forward solutions for benefits brokers and their clients in an industry ripe for innovation.
🔑 Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and lead complex projects where you will apply programming principles and algorithms to architect scalable, flexible systems with a focus on simplicity and efficiency.
- Collaborate cross-functionally weighing trade-offs of near and long term product solutions.
- Uphold high standards for code quality, testing, and performance, and support team members in meeting these standards.
- Drive innovation by taking initiative to solve problems beyond the product backlog. Seek out opportunities using technology to improve efficiency throughout the company.
👩🏼💻 Preferred Experience:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment.
- Proficiency in delivering end-to-end functionality with data-driven feedback loops.
- Knowledge of AWS, GCP, or Azure, and competence in designing infrastructure.
- Familiarity with modern webapps (Material UI / React / Next).
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate with diverse teams on complex projects.
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
📚 Our Tech Stack:
- React / Nextjs
🤝 Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We believe that solving America's healthcare problems requires leveraging our nation's diversity. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
🩺 Benefits: Nava is proud of be an intentionally remote first company. For all of our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from stock options, competitive salaries (the base salary range for this role is $185,000 - $220,000 and is based on individual qualifications and experience), medical, dental, and vision coverage, short and long term disability, 401k, life insurance, unlimited vacation (with a two-week minimum), mental health resources, $1,000 stipend to set up your home office, flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA), $50/month connectivity reimbursement,$50/month to go towards a benefit of your choosing that will improve your mental or physical health and more.
Something looks off?