Senior Backend Software Engineer
🚀 About Nava Benefits
Nava Benefits is on a mission to bring high quality affordable healthcare to every American. Today, healthcare costs represent 18% of our national GDP, and 20% of Americans have medical debt in collections. This problem is getting worse.
We envision a future where healthcare suppliers aggressively compete for business on the basis of cost, quality, and convenience. This is a world where competition pushes prices down while performance and quality improves, just like it does with every other industry in the United States.
Role Overview: As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the architecture, design, and implementation of our backend systems. In this senior role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality, scalable, and efficient solutions that drive innovation in the healthcare industry and empower HR teams and their employees by providing cost savings and superior experiences with employee benefits.
🔑 Key Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain high-performance, scalable, and resilient backend systems that support the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to design and implement APIs that enable seamless integration between frontend and backend components.
- Lead and contribute to complex projects, ensuring adherence to best practices in software development, testing, and performance optimization.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies, tools, and frameworks for backend development.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to weigh trade-offs of near and long-term product solutions.
- Mentor and support team members in meeting high standards for code quality, testing, and performance.
- Proactively identify opportunities for technological improvements and drive innovation across the company.
👩🏼💻 Preferred Experience:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, with a focus on backend development.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Strong understanding of relational databases, such as Postgres, and expertise in data modeling.
- Knowledge of AWS, GCP, or Azure, and experience in designing and managing infrastructure. We're an AWS shop.
- Familiar with infrastructure as code, and modern architectural and infrastructure patterns
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate with diverse teams on complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
📚 Our Tech Stack
🤝 Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We believe that solving America’s healthcare problems requires leveraging our nation’s diversity. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive work environment and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
🩺 Benefits: Nava is proud to be an intentionally remote-first company. For all of our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from stock options, competitive salaries(Compensation: $150,000-$175,000 and is based on individual qualifications and experience), medical, dental, and vision coverage, short and long term disability, 401k, life insurance, unlimited vacation (with a two-week minimum), mental health resources, $1,000 stipend to set up your home office, flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA), $50/month connectivity reimbursement, $50/month to go towards a benefit of your choosing that will improve your mental or physical health and more.
Something looks off?