Sales Development Representative (East Coast)
Who we are
Nava Benefits is a modern benefits brokerage on a mission to fix healthcare. Nava was founded on the vision of bringing high-quality, affordable healthcare to all Americans, starting with the 49% who receive insurance through their employers. By partnering with healthcare and benefits leaders from the country's largest companies, Nava packages their insights, tools, and best practices into a scalable, unified service offering that has helped smaller employers save 8-22% on their benefits plans.
Launched by experienced co-founders, we're a cross-functional, passionate group of leaders and operators with intent on building the industry's most diverse and dynamic place to work. In 2022, Nava was proudly ranked on the Inc. Best Workplaces list and NYC Digital Health 100.
About the role
We are seeking a driven, accountable, and growth-oriented Sales Development Representative. Your work will propel our mission forward, directly impact revenue, and develop the foundational skills for a successful sales career.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and highly coachable, with a “10% better each week” mindset. SDRs at Nava possess an unrelenting work ethic, poise, and the communication skills to effectively tell the Nava story.
Nava is a fully remote company. However, our Sales Team is organized geographically. This position must be physically located in the Eastern Time Zone, and in the United States.
What you’ll do
- Drive the growth of our new business pipeline by engaging prospective buyers through cold calls, email outreach, and social selling (expect a lot of time on the phone)
- Conduct research to identify prospective clients and uncover relevant buying signals
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and operations teams to strategically drive revenue and help refine our go-to-market function (process, culture, career development, etc.)
- Drive progress within a high growth, and rapidly evolving organization - ambiguity and change should excite you.
What you’ll bring
We understand that your experience is more than just a list of requirements, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the following criteria.
- 2+ years of experience in a sales or customer-facing role.
- An strong, demonstrated appetite to learn and grow, with the ability to quickly implement feedback
- An unparalleled work ethic, as evidenced by prior experience
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience making cold-calls, preferred
- Your own unique talents, creativity, and life experiences
Working at Nava
Founded as a remote-first company, we go out of our way to build and strengthen connections, across teams and around the country. From weekly coffee chats and monthly virtual spacewalks, to quarterly (but optional) in-person team events, our culture thrives on fostering a dynamic and inclusive environment while still allowing team members the autonomy to choose how and where they do their best work.
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents + 2 weeks of transition time where you can work 20 hours/week and get paid your normal salary
- $50/month to go towards a benefit of your choosing that will improve your mental or physical health and more
- Unlimited vacation with a two week minimum,
- $1,000 stipend to set up your home office
- $50/month connectivity reimbursement
- And more…
Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We believe that solving America's healthcare problem requires leveraging America's greatest strength: our diversity. Healthcare affects everyone – and a team that includes people from all backgrounds and walks of life will be more effective at driving change than a homogeneous one. We are excited to build that kind of team at Nava.