Financial Analyst - Employee Benefits
Nava is on a mission to bring high quality affordable healthcare to every American. Today, healthcare costs represent 18% of our national GDP, and 20% of Americans have medical debt in collections. This problem is getting worse.
We envision a future where healthcare suppliers aggressively compete for business on the basis of cost, quality, and convenience. This is a world where competition pushes prices down while performance and quality improves, just like it does with every other industry in the United States.
With over 170M Americans relying on an employer for their healthcare, we’re starting our journey focused on fixing healthcare, one employee benefits plan at a time. We’re building a modern, tech-enabled benefits brokerage built on transparency, accountability, and innovation.
We are a growing team of dedicated and passionate professionals that believe in driving Nava’s mission forward and creating a real difference in healthcare.
About the position
Nava is searching for a Financial Analyst to join as the newest addition to the Client Success team. In this role you'll be at the heart of Nava's mission, playing a specialized role in the ongoing management of client’s health and benefit programs. Your financial expertise will be the driving force behind delivering advanced financial analysis and innovative solutions during critical moments like RFPs and renewals for key accounts. If you're fueled by the prospect of transforming healthcare and leveraging your financial expertise to reduce costs and enhance health outcomes, this is your opportunity. At Nava, you'll find not just a role, but a chance to shape the future of healthcare for the better.
This is a remote position but preferred candidates will have prior experience supporting large employer groups in CA & NY.
What you’ll do
- Strategic Insights: Conduct analysis on benefit plan designs, offering valuable input on strategies and cost comparisons to guide decisions.
- Renewal Management: Oversee pricing analysis and renewal processes for select clients, utilizing your financial acumen to drive success.
- Analytics and Modeling: Contribute to the creation of underwriting models and reporting templates, enhancing our financial insights.
- Financial Consulting: Collaborate on client projects related to health and welfare plan design and management, lending your financial expertise.
- Deliverables: Assist in crafting essential client materials, such as financial reports and renewal presentations.
- Benchmarking: Conduct benchmarking analyses to provide insights into optimal client benefit plans.
What you’ll bring
We understand that your experience is more than just a list of requirements, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the following bullet points.
- Professional Background: Possess a Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field, coupled with over 5 years of employee benefits experience in a brokerage setting.
- Analytical Proficiency: Exhibit strong analytical skills, demonstrating experience in guiding strategic initiatives from conception to completion.
- Financial Acumen: Showcase expertise in financial arrangements and health products available to clients.
- Technical Skills: Possess advanced proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Project Management: Manage multiple projects simultaneously while consistently delivering high-quality results.
- Effective Communication: Communicate effectively through both written and verbal channels, showcasing your organizational skills.
- Collaborative Approach: Thrive both independently and within a team, leveraging your self-motivation and teamwork skills.
Who we are
Nava is officially headquartered in New York City, but our team collaborates remotely from all parts of the country. Each day we "Zoom in" from the surf towns of SoCal to the ski towns of the Rockies; from the high deserts of the Southwest to the high rises of Manhattan. While you will one day have the option to work from an office with your teammates, you will always have the option to work from the comfort of your home.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- We offer a 401k, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation with a two week minimum
- $1,000 stipend to set up your home office
- $50/month connectivity reimbursement
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents + 2 weeks of transition time where you can work 20 hours/week and get paid your normal salary.
- The opportunity to make a real difference in Healthcare