Staff Software Engineer - Account Opening
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi was recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the Product Engineering team:
Narmi’s Product Engineering team is the engine behind Narmi’s Digital Banking and Account Opening products—we spend 100% of our efforts building and maintaining a product which delights our clients and allows their users to complete a wide range of everyday banking needs. Our Product Engineering teams are tasked with building new features for Narmi's products in a collaborative setting using the latest tools and technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, develop, implement, and iterate on new features and new products
- Take part in code reviews and testing
- Participate in greenfield development
- Provide mentorship and engineering perspective across the organization
- Lead "war-room" when multiple engineers are involved in debugging a critical outage
- Design large or externally-facing features that cut across multiple Narmi products
- Track and prioritize all stakeholder requests and spec requirements for a product
What you’ll bring:
- Comfort working up and down the stack
- >7 years of professional software engineering experience
- Great work ethic, agility, and experience as a top performer
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience owning features
- Willingness to occasionally work in New York City
- Experience at a startup or financial technology firm (preferred)
The expected annual base salary for this role is $200,000 - $220,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at email@example.com