Tech Support Specialist - Level 1
Life at MX
We are driven by our moral imperative to advance mankind - and it all starts with our people, product and purpose. We always carry a deep sense of drive and passion with us. If you thrive in a challenging work environment, surrounded by incredible team members who will help you grow, MX is the right place for you.
Come build with us and be part of an award-winning company that’s helping create meaningful and lasting change in the financial industry.
Tech Support Specialist - Level 1
Reporting to: Customer Support Manager
MX is looking for a technical support team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can effectively serve our customers. We treat each team member as a founder, and the right candidate is a smart, creative builder who is passionate and can create a vision and execute.
- Investigate and resolve technical support issues via ticket and chat
- Provide world class customer support
- Field requests from clients and partners
- Must learn and effectively use various data querying tools and any other MX specific toolsets
- Learn Git process and effectively use Github
- Efficiently read and interpret log data
- Effectively communicate and simplify technical terms for the client
- Improve the platform by being the voice of the customer
- Demonstrate your care for our customers’ success and software experience
- Be a support visionary seeking new ways to make the end-user experience better while creating new ways to help make the software better
- Exhaust all resources and recognize when an issue must be escalated
- Effectively communicate with users, partners, and clients
- Understand how to use internal systems to troubleshoot and resolve client issues
- Utilize interpersonal skills, specifically when working with co-workers, clients, and management
- Complete knowledge of all MX core services, applications, and architecture
Basic Job Requirements
- 1+ years’ customer support experience
- 1+ years’ ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain results, provide solutions for a broad range of technical problems
- Excellent verbal and communication skills - strong written communication skills are a must
- World class customer service, including the ability to deal calmly, positively, and professionally in tense or elevated situations and with upset or frustrated users
- Experience using common help desk tools such as Zendesk, or other platforms
Advanced Job Requirements (not required)
- API troubleshooting experience
- Development experience
- Working knowledge of APIs and data structures
- Previous experience in the financial industry
At MX, we prioritize flexible working arrangements, which allows us to attract top talent, provide improved work-life balance, and increase productivity. Our flex philosophy is centered on trust, responsibility, and communication. Our team members enjoy a balance of remote work and monthly in-person collaboration meetings. Travel expectations are about 15%, and the company covers travel expenses for remote employees. Local employees are encouraged to utilize in-office time on a weekly basis. Both local and remote employees can take advantage of our incredible office space with onsite perks like company-paid meals, onsite massage therapist, golf simulator, and meditation room to name a few.
The expected on-target earnings (OTE), which is comprised of a base salary and other forms of cash compensation, such as bonus or commissions is currently $17.50 - $18.50. This pay range is just one component of MX's total rewards package. MX takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location, skillset, peer compensation.
MX is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military or veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We particularly welcome applications from veterans and military spouses. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to email@example.com.