Director of Business Development
Mulberry is disrupting the $50B product insurance industry with consumer-first product protection solutions built for ecommerce. Mulberry provides consumers with various product and shopping protection options to suit their needs, ranging from unlimited coverage to free plans. We are passionate about helping consumers shop with confidence and protect everything they buy online, without the crazy markups and fine print gotchas all too common in the insurance industry.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a versatile Director of Business Development to join our team and help accelerate the next phase of our exciting growth story. This role will be responsible for identifying market opportunities, sourcing, building, and managing potential strategic partnerships.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with business leaders across the company to understand long-term strategies and inform the business development roadmap
- Work to establish new commercial partnerships that leverage our core platform and capabilities
- Negotiate win-win economics in contracts that support profitable, long-term customer relationships
- Prioritize ruthlessly, dedicating the team’s time and resources on the most promising opportunities and constantly re-evaluating how to efficiently manage less obvious ones
- Help to project manage launch and on-going optimization from a relationship level new partnerships, ensuring mapping towards positive outcomes for both sides and farming for additional growth opportunities within the organization
What We’re Seeking:
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS BD in dynamic, fast paced, and results orientated organizations
- Experience sourcing, negotiating and executing strategic partnerships and other transactions
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strategically to clients and company, combined with comfort to roll sleeves up and dig into the executional detail
- Polished, articulate, and credible when communicating with partners in business and social settings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Highly curious about how businesses work and make money, taking opportunities to learn about new industries and business models
- Comfortable with ambiguity
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a rapidly growing Series B funded startup
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO (minimum 15 days off required)
- Paid sabbatical after 3 years of tenure
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!
Something looks off?