Customer Experience (CX) Associate
Mulberry is disrupting the $50B product insurance industry with consumer-first product protection solutions built for ecommerce. Mulberry provides consumers with various product and shopping protection options to suit their needs, ranging from unlimited coverage to free plans. We are passionate about helping consumers shop with confidence and protect everything they buy online, without the crazy markups and fine print gotchas all too common in the insurance industry.
As a Customer Experience Associate at Mulberry, you will play a critical role in providing best-in-class support to our customers and will serve as the frontline in their interactions with our brand. A typical day will consist of responding to customer support emails, educating customers on our product, corresponding with our retailers and using data to inform process and product improvements for a superior customer experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Field inbound customer communication via multiple channels (chat, emails, social media, phone calls) and resolve customer requests with expediency
- Identify and track customer issues and complaints to ensure transparency and a best-in-class customer experience
- Keep abreast of Mulberry’s various coverage offerings & partnerships, to quickly respond to customers’ coverage inquiries
- Escalate technical and process-flow issues to the Development and Product teams
- Collaborate with our claims team as needed such as collecting information for claims on a call or scheduling a repair or service appointment
What We’re Seeking:
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer support/experience role
- Weekend and flexible availability
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Passion for customer service and technology - a real people person
- Experience working for a small team or startup
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Driven and ready for a challenge - able to take initiative
- Empathetic, smart and ambitious
- Technical, detail-oriented mindset, with the ability to analyze and synthesize data
- Can-do attitude: no task is too small or too large
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to identify gaps and propose solutions
- Able to multitask in a high-pressure environment, while meeting and managing deadlines
- Down-to-earth, engaging personality
- Great sense of humor!
- Experience with Zendesk & live chats
- Familiarity with e-commerce, fintech, or insurance
Benefits and Perks:
- Equity in a Series B startup
- Medical, vision, dental & HSA benefits
- 401k with company match that vests immediately
- Unlimited vacation policy so you can unplug and recharge whenever you need it (15 days min. recommended)
- Business is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day!
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Compensation range (location and experience dependent): $50,000- $55,000 per annum
Come join us!
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or from our NY office, you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Zoom). We actively seek to create a diverse work environment because we know teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Mulberry are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.