Video Production Lead - Digital Marketing - Washington D.C., USA
MPOWER’s borderless loans and scholarships enable students from around the world to realize their full academic and career potential by attending top universities in the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-oriented fintech/edtech company, we move extremely quickly and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We’re backed by over $150 million in equity capital from top global investors, which enables fast growth and provides our company with financial stability and a clear path to an IPO over the coming years.
Our global team is composed of former management consultants, financial service and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe strongly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth are the norm. Ideation and implementation happen very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the best fintechs to work for by American Banker for the past 5 years in a row. We are honored to be nominated by multiple agencies and publications for our leadership in Tech, diversity and social impact. We pride ourselves on being a “growth company for grown-ups,” where there are no pool tables but rather great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we’re one of the most diverse workforces in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational background.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN WASHINGTON D.C., AND REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CONTENT STRATEGY
As our Video Production Lead, your role is to take a concept and bring it to life through video to support MPOWER’s mission. The ideal candidate will be an experienced videographer who can produce videos and other visual content that meet our brand voice. You will have experience communicating to a global, diverse audience with engaging and informative content. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing video and multimedia content from start to finish — including researching, drafting a story board, developing a script and managing the project through to completion
- Creating high quality videos that are developed for either external and internal audiences and meet production and organizational goals
- Filming on set, on location or remote with planning prior. with very minimal, or no additional assistance for minor projects and understand operations requirements to meet project needs
- Completing all post-production including visuals and sound edits as needed
- Ensuring consistent and compelling brand tone across all customer communications
- Collaborating with departments across the organization as needed on videos that impact their stakeholders and leveraging knowledge of digital marketing when appropriate for the video audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Cinematography, Film Production, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience producing B2C marketing content in financial services, consumer finance, or a similar industry
- Experience with all necessary software and hardware to perform responsibilities including editing software, remote filming software, cameras, etc.
- Ability to create motion graphics, preferred
- A high comfort level with interviewing and prompting as needed for footage
- Experience working in an international context and addressing a diverse global audience with a strong sense of cultural sensitivity is a must
- Strong writing skills that allow you to develop scripts and storyboards
- Strong attention to detail and a highly creative flair
- Tech-savvy with the ability to make complex technical matters easy to understand even for a non-technical readership
- Able to produce high quality deliverables on a tight deadline amongst competing demands
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfort working with a global team across multiple time zones and locations!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload, tight deadlines, and a high degree of autonomy.