Sales Support Analyst - University Relations - Washington D.C., USA
MPOWER’s borderless loans enable students from around the world to realize their full academic & career potential by attending top universities in the U.S and Canada.
As a mission-oriented FinTech / EdTech company, we move extremely fast and leverage the latest technologies, global best practices, and heavy analytics to tackle one of the biggest challenges in financial inclusion. We’re backed by over $150 million in equity capital from top global investors, which enables our fast-growth and provides our company with financial stability and a clear path to an IPO over the coming years.
Our global team is composed of ex-management consultants, financial services and technology professionals, and other experts in their respective fields. We work hard, have fun, and believe greatly in our cause. For us, MPOWER’s mission of making this mission is personal.
As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to think quickly, act autonomously, and constantly grow, creatively in an environment where fast change and exponential growth is the norm. ideation and implementation happens very quickly. We value feedback and emphasize personal and professional development by providing the resources you need to further your skills and grow with the company. MPOWER is committed to cultivating your strengths and curiosity and helping you make an immediate impact.
MPOWER has been named one of the best fintechs to work for by American Banker for the past 5 years in a row. We are honored to be nominated by multiple agencies and publications for our leadership in Tech, diversity and social impact. We pride ourselves on being a “growth company for grown-ups,” where there are no pool tables but rather great health, education, and maternity/paternity benefits instead. Our team diversity has been recognized as well; we’re one of the most diverse workforces in the world in terms of nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, and educational background.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION BASED IN WASHINGTON D.C., AND REPORTS DIRECTLY TO THE ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CONTENT STRATEGY
As a Content Specialist, your role is to craft and execute clear and comprehensive content as part of MPOWER’s overarching marketing strategy. You will have experience communicating to a global, diverse audience with engaging and informative content. The ideal candidate will have writing experience and a focus on developing content that informs and promotes engagement. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing persuasive content for communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, emails, and blog posts focused on international and DACA students, and financial services
- Assisting with research on industry-related topics to contribute to the development of strategies that will increase reader reach and engagement
- Ensuring consistent and compelling brand tone across all customer communications
- Assisting with the project management of a variety of content campaigns and initiatives as needed
- Developing a variety of content including e-books, infographics and guides
- Assisting with a variety of projects focused on but not limited to content and SEO
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field
- 1+ year(s) of experience producing B2C marketing content in financial services, consumer finance, or a similar industry
- Experience working in an international context and addressing a diverse global audience with a strong sense of cultural sensitivity is a must
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Excel at working under pressure and able to produce deliverables on a tight deadline amongst competing demands
- Drive to execute on tasks as needed for items both large and small
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must, as well as comfortable working with a global team across multiple-time zones and sites!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a fast growth environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.