Lead React Native Engineer
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
Locations supported: UK, EU
About the Engineering Team:
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organize in small cross-functional squads of 4-6 engineers and an embedded Product Manager and Product Data Analyst. We currently have squads across Crypto / NFT / Payments / Core Product / Web3 and others. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialize.
Squads We Are Currently Hiring For:
CONSUMER: Responsible for creating delightful experiences for millions of MoonPay users to onboard, transact, and access the hundreds of web3 partners in our ecosystem through our mobile application.
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- React Native to develop our iOS and Android cross platform application
- React Navigation, React Query, Axios as our frontend libraries
- React and NextJS hosted on Vercel as our web frontend
- Google Cloud Platform to host our services
- DataDog for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Sentry for error tracking
- Jest to run our tests ✅
- Architect and develop new and existing products and features.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Collaborate with other product teams to deliver and improve customer facing features.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Integrate and work closely with external service providers to ensure smooth operation.
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
- Work in close partnership with designers, product thinkers, and customers, to impact the lives of millions of users.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive React Native or mobile experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- Confidence in developing, releasing and maintaining server applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Either experience with some of our tech stack, or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- Bonus points if you make open-source contributions or have experience in web3.
As a Senior/Lead you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline. Including design, documentation, monitoring and alerting.
- Lead initiatives from an engineering perspective, partnering closely with product managers.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Technical call (45 minutes)
- Virtual Onsite ( 2 calls between 30 and 45 min each)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Stock options 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Something looks off?