Senior Blockchain Engineer
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
Locations supported: UK, EU
About the Engineering Team:
Our engineering discipline builds the technology that enables MoonPay to learn quickly and scale easily. We organize in small cross-functional squads of 4-6 engineers and an embedded Product Manager and Product Data Analyst. We currently have squads across Crypto / NFT / Payments / KYC / Core Product and others. We’re pragmatic and believe in having fluid structure, this means people can move between teams or specialize.
Squads We Are Currently Hiring For:
WEB3: The web3 team is building products and features to onboard the next billion users to web3.
- Typescript as our programming language of choice
- Node.js as our backend platform
- TypeORM, TypeDI, TypeGraphQL and routing-controllers as our backend libraries
- React and NextJS hosted on Vercel as our frontend
- Google Cloud Platform to host our services
- Postgres as our core database
- Redis for caching
- Bull to manage background tasks
- DataDog for logging and monitoring
- GitHub to manage our source code
- Jest to run our tests ✅
- Take ownership of MoonPay’s native crypto stack. This is a new area for us and you’ll be owning the architecture and implementation from day one.
- Build lightweight hot wallets to handle Ethereum key generation and outbound transfers to our customers.
- Work with Ethereum layer 2 scaling solutions like Polygon (Matic) and zkSync to offer layer 2 ETH assets to our customers.
- Work on other innovative blockchains where few have ventured such as Flow.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience building production-grade cryptocurrency wallets.
- Either had experience with Solidity, Ethereum, and Bitcoin, or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
- A deep understanding of blockchain fundamentals, theories, principles and best practices.
- Extensive backend engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- Confidence in developing, releasing and maintaining server applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
As a Senior you will be expected to:
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline. Including design, documentation, monitoring and alerting.
- Lead initiatives from an engineering perspective, partnering closely with product managers.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Technical call (60 minutes)
- Virtual onsite stage (3 calls between 30 and 45 minutes each)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Stock options 📈
Unlimited holidays 🏝
Paid parental leave 👶 🍼
Home office setup allowance 🪑
Something looks off?