Investigator II/SAR Filer
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world's most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what's next.
MoonPay is a global team imagining and building the products and culture of tomorrow. We’re driven by our deep belief that blockchain technology will become the status quo, so we commit all our talent to creating the best web3 experiences for everyone, everywhere. We rely on our open and inclusive culture to foster speed, innovation and responsibility. Our diverse team is an ongoing inspiration for easy, effective and accessible products. Join our mission to onboard the world into web3 and empower millions to own, create and share value freely.
The Team ❤️
As an Investigator/SAR Filer, you’ll join our team at MoonPay to support the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in ensuring that the business in all operational jurisdictions operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all Group policy & procedural standards relating to anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing (AML). This role will be responsible for completing and/or reviewing investigations referred for suspicious activity. This role will also be responsible for the review of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to ensure reports are accurate and complete before filing with the appropriate governmental authorities (e.g. FinCEN) while enabling MoonPay to form sound judgments concerning reputational and other risks and meet expectations of regulators and other compliance stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML/BSA, alerts, investigations, and SAR filing compliance, who is extremely strategic and enjoys solving problems. We are currently looking for candidates in Poland.
What you’ll do 👀
- Utilize the Anti-Money Laundering monitoring case management to independently analyze and assess activity or patterns of activity referred by various internal (e.g., Fraud, Cyber Team, Customer Risk, etc.) and external sources (e.g., 314b, subpoenas and warrants, etc.) to Identify and report potentially suspicious activities identified through our detection scenario processes or other sources
- Reviews SAR case recommendations to ensure reports are accurate and complete before submission.
- Review the quality of SAR case investigations by reviewing and assessing SAR decisions and document the quality review performed on investigations for the purpose of tracking and training.
- Assists the SAR Manager in ensuring the quality standards and technical aspects of SAR filings are compliant with regulatory guidelines.
- Provide feedback, as needed, to both Management and the investigators on the results of the review to encourage team members to follow methods and procedures, while ensuring quality and efficiency of production.
- Analyze transactional activity (e.g. crypto/NFT buy/sell orders, volumes, on-chain activity, etc.), along with the information gathered and use sound judgment, decision-making skills and discretion in making reasonable determinations in case investigations.
- Conduct further analysis of customer transactional activity (e.g. crypto trading, money movement, etc.) and behavioral patterns to identify potentially suspicious activities
- Work with team members to determine whether to close cases, escalate findings and/or file a Suspicious Transaction Report (STR)/Suspicious Activity Report (“SAR”) with agencies such as the U.S. Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Handle the investigative process from escalation to decisioning, including drafting, reviewing and timely submission of SARs when appropriate.
- Conduct research using available systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information.
- Support Managers and Team Leaders in conducting complex AML investigations.
- Support Managers with responses to inquiries made by Law Enforcement and/or regulatory bodies requests.
- Coordinating responses and requests pursuant to Section 314 of the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Performing data-entry related to tracking and documenting all investigative steps.
- Keep up-to-date with industry news and developments both in BSA/AML and KYC, as well as in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space.
- Assist with training, coaching, mentoring and job shadowing for new and existing team members.
- Adhere to confidentiality policy, code of ethics and follow policies and procedures relative to Consumer Compliance laws and regulations and best practice recommendations.
We are looking for someone who has the… ✅
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- 3+ years experience at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech and/or MSBs.
- 5+ years of experience with regulatory compliance in the finance industry (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NCA, NYDFS, OFAC, etc.), especially relating to virtual currencies.
- 3+ years working in AML investigations for a broker-dealer or FinTech (conducting investigations, STR/SAR preparation, and filing), or related consulting experience for financial services/fintech clients
- ACAMS / ACFCS / CFE or ICA accreditation
- B.A./B.S. degree; or equivalent work experience or research experience as a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
…along with with the following soft skills...✅
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Customer oriented in your approach.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- First-rate decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the capacity to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- Strong ability to analyze transactional activity to identify red flags
- Proven track record of interpreting large amounts of complex information and extracting facts objectively
- Ability and passion to learn and adapt quickly, as the crypto space are constantly evolving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Crypto-specific investigative work experience, and knowledge of blockchain analysis across various crypto products
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, TRM Labs, CipherTrace)
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you are only a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
Hiring Manager Screen (20-30 minutes)
Compliance screen (20-30 minutes)
Culture Screen (20-30 minutes)
Final interview (20-30 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Something looks off?