Platform Team Lead
About the Role
Engine by MoneyLion partners with leading Financial Institutions to surface the richest, most comprehensive set of personalized financial product offers to the consumer. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Leader to manage a team of senior- and staff-level Scala engineers on the Platform Team which owns key microservices related to financial reporting, our Data Replication Stack, and an internal/external facing web-application used for account management and reporting called Control Center.
You will ensure timely delivery of new features & ongoing maintenance, conduct 1:1s with your team, mentor engineers, lead recruitment, and help define team processes. You will collaborate with your Product Manager to further our position as the leading platform for financial product search, comparison, and recommendation.
This role could be remote but preferably we are looking for a local candidate and having a hybrid schedule which requires visiting our New York City office 3 times per week. Local candidates need to be within commutable distance of our New York City office.
- Lead and mentor a team of Scala backend engineers, data engineers, and fullstack web engineers.
- Collaborate with the team’s Product Manager to identify future product improvements and determine feasibility
- Contribute to our RFC process by writing technical proposals, discussing product/technical tradeoffs of various solutions, and provide feedback to others
- Work closely with business stakeholders and engineering leadership to unblock engineers and mission-critical initiatives
- Own our software development lifecycle, identifying opportunities for improved efficiency
- Scope and ticket product & technical improvements, ensuring engineers have a clear understanding of what’s required
- Own the team’s on-call rotation and the swift resolution of technical issues
- Review code with an emphasis on readability and maintainability
- Contribute to our codebase as bandwidth permits
- Retain and develop top engineering talent
- Occasionally meet with external partners on strategic initiatives
Minimum of 6 years of software engineering experience
Minimum of 2 years of proven success leading, mentoring, and developing engineering teams, preferably in a high growth start-up environment
Demonstrated success collaborating across engineering, product, and business functions to deliver functionality
Meticulous attention to detail in reviewing others' and your own work
Strong people skills with a well-developed management philosophy, including opinions on processes and how teams should operate
Experience with server-side API design and implementation—preferably in a strongly typed language
Knowledge of monitoring and observability tools, including Datadog or equivalent
Knowledge of event-streaming tools, including Kafka or equivalent
Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure
Domain expertise in database schema design & PostgreSQL
Familiar with CI/CD pipelines
Comfortable working with Github and the PR review process
Good to have, not required:
Experience in customer-facing roles
Familiar with the Lightbend and Typelevel ecosystems
Lightbend: Slick, Play/Play JSON
Typelevel: http4s, doobie/skunk, circe, cats, cats-effect
Frontend/full stack experience (React, TypeScript)
Experience with: ETL pipelines, RedShift, Snowflake, Postgres, Python, PySpark
The annual base salary for the Platform Team Lead is expected to be between $160,000 to $190,000. Base salary is one component of MoneyLion's total compensation package, which includes, 401(k) match, multiple health insurance options, disability coverage, life insurance, and unlimited paid time off for salaried positions. Actual salaries will vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies related to the role. This position is also eligible for a performance based bonus.
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.