Operations Specialist, Fraud & Disputes Resolution
Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound like a mission you could get behind?
We're looking for confident communicators with a sharp eye for detail and a heartfelt commitment to promoting integrity, to join our Customer Advocacy department as Operations Specialists on the Fraud and Disputes Resolution (FDR) team.
You have a genuine desire to protect others from deception and ideally have either fraud investigation experience or 1+ year professional experience in an environment where research, accuracy, and effective communication are top priorities.
We've found that everyone from recent criminal justice grads, research assistants, loan processors, claims examiners, loss prevention specialists, and operations associates from the retail, hospitality, banking and financial service industries are well prepared for success in this important role. If any of these sound like you - and if you’re ready to launch a career in the Financial Technology industry - we'd love to hear from you!
The impact you'll make:
You'll drive forward our mission of financial inclusion by using your meticulous attention to detail and strong communication skills to deliver swift resolutions that protect Mission Lane credit cardholders, merchants, and the company from fraudulent activity.
Day-by-day, you will:
- Engage with customers and merchants on behalf of Mission Lane via live outbound phone calls and email, to gather dispute-related information
- Handle routine cases related to fraud and disputes, applying Mission Lane processes and procedures consistently
- Understand and adhere to Mission Lane's risk and dispute-related regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with our risk appetite
- Utilize third party data providers to gather and review information to make risk assessments
- Review identifying & supporting documentation provided by customers and merchants
About the perks:
- Ability to work 100% remotely or at our office in Richmond, Virginia - or a little bit of both!
- 20 days PTO + 6 paid holidays
- Competitive hourly rate + bonus potential
- Medical, dental and vision coverage, with a 100% company-paid employee-only option
- $40 per month Internet Stipend
- $100 per month Wellness Stipend - to use in any way that helps you thrive!
- All IT equipment provided for you
- Paid parental leave after 6 months of employment
You'll thrive in this role if:
- You speak and write clearly, confidently, concisely and correctly.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You have an analytical mindset and a knack for finding patterns in data.
- You’re curious and ask probing and clarifying questions to uncover information.
- You quickly process situations and use good judgment to make decisions.
- You’re a fast learner, able to adapt to new techniques as fraud methods change.
- You’re tech savvy, able to work in multiple systems at the same time.
- You work well with others and on your own, as required.
- You believe experience is the best teacher, and see constructive feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow.
If you choose to work remotely:
- A private, quiet, distraction-free, interruption-free work area is required.
Employment is contingent upon being a resident of one of the following US states: AR, AZ, FL, GA, MO, TX, UT and VA. All states are subject to change.
At Mission Lane, we’re looking for people who have the courage to take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview process, don’t hesitate to reach out.
We’re committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives, and we strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with headquarters in Richmond, Virginia. Founded in December 2018, we’ve grown to more than 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently accepting applications from California, Colorado, Hawaii, Washington State, or New York City. Additionally, we’re not sponsoring new applicant employment authorization and please, no third-party recruiters.
Each Laner is responsible for keeping Mission Lane informed of their primary work location within the United States. Changes to a Laner's work location may result in changes to certain benefits based on local policies and requirements. If a Laner desires to move to an approved state within the US, we ask that they notify People Operations at least 30 days prior to moving, so we can ensure appropriate setup takes place.