Mid Market Account Executive
Position not referral eligible
Summary of This Role
MineralTree is searching for an Account Executive to join our growing team. In this role you will bring your proven success in SaaS sales to MineralTree. You will have the opportunity to make a difference and contribute to our overall sales and revenue growth.
Generates revenue through sales to new and/or existing key accounts within a geographic area or market. Collects information to better understand business issues, problems, and opportunities and to identify sales prospects. Prepares quantitative, qualitative, and financial data for use in pricing and sales presentations. Ensures sales plans and key account strategies are implemented and sales/financial goals are obtained.
What Part Will You Play?
Work closely with Marketing and the BDR team to drive ABS approach into assigned verticals
Create a superior prospect experience that sets the stage for future sales
Navigate to key decision makers, identify needs, generate interest, qualify and close opportunities
Run a minimum of 5-10 discovery calls a week, sourced through a variety of lead sources
Help from time-to-time with first-touch demand generation activities (digital marketing, tradeshows, etc.)
Contribute to targeted marketing plans and other marketing campaigns
Provide feedback to marketing and sales managers on the effectiveness of different messages and campaigns
Help grow the sales teams and build a scalable, repeatable process
With significant support from internal resources and leadership, researches target prospects and develops pipeline in the assigned territory, assigned portfolio or with assigned accounts for new sales and/or for existing sales. For existing clients, conducts penetration analysis and reviews influencing factors and strategy of client to determine action plan. For new sales, identifies business opportunities, conducts cold calls and determines which relationships to nurture. For North America Segment, typically handles 100k or less accounts on file and typical accounts would include small community banks or small credit unions. For the Merchant Segment, typically leads the work of smaller customers, such as Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs) or Bank Acquirers with 10k or less Merchants.
- Acts as a front line sales person. Seeks support internally in order to effectively nurture old and new relationships, to execute and create the cold call plan, and to establish the relationship plan for new and existing business on a smaller scale. With guidance from more experienced internal resources, develops an understanding of the territory, conducts sufficient research, determines the appropriate timing for the client contact and determines the appropriate contacts for prospects.
- Creates, maintains and sustains Strategic Sales Plan (SSP) for identified top prospects in assigned area or accounts. Is responsible for closing the sale. Needs general guidance for closing deals and identifies internal resources for assistance with SSP.
- Creates the solution design plan. Sizes the work needed for the conversion and helps client understand the work effort for the transition and the correct mix to offer. Assesses the customer's business and reviews solution design options with the client, considering the client's vision, goal, objectives, pain points and target state and makes recommendations for the delivery option. Requires a tremendous amount of support for the large or mega prospects and may need guidance with the smaller prospects, such as small credit unions or small banks.
- With guidance from internal resources, creates and modifies the sales project plan with the intent to close the sale. Conducts stage assessments from time to time with assistance. Identifies and orchestrates the correct internal resources, such as within pricing, IT, implementation, etc. to meet with the client at the appropriate time based on the objectives of the client. Conducts ongoing communication with various internal groups regarding the client and makes request for assistance with the sales project plan as needed.
- Understands the dynamics of the industry, is knowledgeable regarding key trends in the market and discusses with clients current product offering and developing products, including mobile app developments, chip cards, etc. Participates with more experienced internal resource who conducts consultative thought leadership with prospects and helps client with possible solution design.
- Supports the negotiation of the master agreements and service level agreements. May negotiate for small prospects, such as small community banks or small credit unions, but will need support in crafting business terms, etc.
- With support from internal resources, manages the sales presentation and sales process, including identifying the objectives of the meeting, setting the agenda, and following-up on action items, as needed. Identifies internal resources to attend the meeting with the prospect to assist with questions, etc.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Excellent written communications skills
Comfortable in a rapidly evolving growth-stage start-up environment
Thorough, persistent, detail-oriented, and willingness to collaborate with any and everyone to get deals done
One or more years of direct sales or relevant experience in a SaaS environment
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Typical fields include Communication, English, IT, or Engineering; Combination of relevant training and/ or experience in lieu of degree
- Typically Minimum 2+ Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in industry
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a sub-function, account or matrix management responsibilities, applies knowledge to meet goals, maintain relationships, propose opportunities to expand the business, and lead matrix teams. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Builds on/Maintains external relationships of assigned accounts.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to close a deal
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills/Building Relationships - Orchestrate work across internal and external teams
- Presentation Skills - Present sales presentation and sales process to client