Location: New York, Los Angeles OR Nashville
Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that makes mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is already deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunity. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
One of our core values at Metropolis is “Put Humans First.” As Director, Human Resources Business Partner, you’ll play a meaningful role leading employee experience and performance management, implementing HR strategies, and partnering with organizational leaders on talent planning and other initiatives. You will collaborate with People team partners to unlock efficiencies in our existing processes and identify efficiency gaps. You will report to the Chief People Officer and work closely alongside the People leadership team.
- Lead and build the HRBP & Employee Relations function at Metropolis from the ground up (including managing a team and working closely with cross-functional business partners)
- Facilitate and own successful execution of day-to-day internal support and problem solving, building upon the foundation of operational excellence within the HR function
- Drive process implementation and improvement related to internal policies, talent development, employee relations, retention, and other initiatives
- Ability to interpret business goals and lead the HRBP function accordingly
- Provide guidance to business leaders and collaborate on talent development, issue resolution, and employee transitions
- Identify success pathways for talent retention, career pathing, and role clarity across our field and corporate employee populations
- Partner with People leadership on L&D programming and management coaching
- Act as an employment law thought leader, partnering with Legal and other stakeholders to uphold compliance and identify gaps
- Oversee employee relations, autonomously resolving concerns and facilitating decisions accordingly
- Advise Engineering and Technical Operations leadership on team structure, compensation, and retention best practices
- Assist People leadership with special projects related to sensitive employee data
- Achieve success related to eCSAT, performance review, and talent calibration OKRs
- 6+ years of similar experience – including a history working with hourly field employees plus corporate / technical employees
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- Experience implementing HR policies and procedures
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce software; Microsoft Office proficiency
- Passion for process development and iteration
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple high-urgency projects simultaneously
- Polished and professional work presence, especially when supporting Metropolis executives
- Experience with employment visa applications
- Solution-oriented with proven ability to drive results
The anticipated base salary for this position is $140,000 to $170,000 annually . The actual base pay offered is determined by a number of variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, years of relevant experience, distinctive skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location of residence and/or place of employment. Base pay is one component of Metropolis’ total compensation package, which may also include access to or eligibility for healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, a lucrative stock option plan, bonus plans and more.
Something looks off?