Valet Supervisor ( Valet Captain )
Position: Valet Shift Lead
Location: Downtown Nashville
Metropolis Parking develops advanced technology that makes parking remarkable, and turns the garages and lots of yesterday into connected mobility infrastructure. Our technology and operating teams are deployed in hundreds of locations across the country. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
Valet Shift Lead Position Summary:
The Valet Shift Lead Captain is a front-line position responsible for safely parking and retrieving vehicles for guests while offering excellent customer service.
Valet Shift Lead Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively and efficiently park customer vehicles
- Return customer vehicles upon request in a timely fashion
- Greet customers in a courteous manner; provide Premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor and willingness to help
- Communicate with customers and staff who have general inquiries about parking, parking locations, and guest services
- Manage the valet podium
- Use and maintain equipment properly, including keeping equipment clean
- Manage keys
- Perform basic math without use of a calculator
- If applicable at the location, accept cash payments for valet services
- Work independently and as part of the team
- Observe safety precautions at all times
- Accurately use claim check process to return the correct vehicle to each guest
- In the absence of the Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor, ensure coverage is maintained and breaks are taken appropriately
- Perform other duties as assigned
Valet Shift Lead Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be approved by the Human Resources department to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incumbent must be able to
- Stand for up to six (6) consecutive hours
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Safely drive and park both automatic and manual transmission vehicles of all types and sizes
- Move quickly and carefully throughout the parking area
- Communicate effectively in spoken English with team members and customers
- Incumbent must maintain a clean driving record and current, valid driver license
Valet Shift Lead Position Qualifications:
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; frequently communicate with team members and customers; must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to drive vehicles of all makes, models, and sizes
- Reliability and responsibility
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Prior valet parking attendant experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Expected to constantly work in all outdoor weather conditions
- Required to wear a uniform and follow appropriate grooming standards
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, and handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach and handle keys and may be frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to walk swiftly and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Something looks off?