Finance Business Partner
Location: New York, NY OR Los Angeles, CA
Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that makes mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is already deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunity. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
Metropolis is looking for a driven FP&A Manager to be a strategic business partner to all departments within our Corporate P&L. This individual will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with senior management to build annual budgets, manage forecasts, and provide decision support through financial analyses to ensure optimal returns on strategic investments. This is a key position providing guidance on financial and operational matters and building out finance processes across the entire organization. This role reports to the VP of Finance.
● Own the operational budgets and business partnership with leaders in the organization, including the annual budget, weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecast, month-end reconciliation, and long-term strategic planning processes
● Prepare monthly reconciliations of OpEx financial actuals details at a vendor level, mapping data across our two ERPs
● Design and refine detailed financial models that forecast and analyze functional costs to fully understand sources of variance and, ultimately, improve forecast accuracy
● Be a key contributor to ongoing processes and improvements related to budget management, spend approvals, AP, and accruals
● Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyze financial results, distil/synthesize key trends, assess current and future business risk, and communicate key messages to senior management
● Develop and maintain operational KPIs and partner with leaders to provide ROI and ad hoc analysis to support decision-making
● Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams to synthesize and integrate updates relating to variances in actual procurement activity relative to budget forecasts
● Become embedded with business partners across the company, establishing trust, building relationships and gaining a deep understanding of relevant drivers
● 5+ years of relevant finance experience preferred; SaaS and/or IoT experience strongly preferred
● Experience partnering with Senior Leadership and ability to influence at all levels of an organization
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with experience developing and delivering presentations
● Expertise in building Excel-based financial models, with an emphasis on aggregating and analyzing data to provide actionable insights
● Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision, working in team environments or independently
● Experience with headcount reconciliation and month-end budget/forecast vs actuals reconciliation
● Experience in both public and private company environments, preferably with high growth
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field required
● Experience with financial systems: ERPs (NetSuite, Great Plains), Planning Software (Adaptive, Anaplan, Pigment), Payroll/HRIS (Dayforce, ADP), Expense Software (Navan, Expensify, Coupa), Salesforce
● Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
The anticipated base salary for this position is $105,000.00 to 140,000.00 annually. The actual base pay offered is determined by a number of variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, years of relevant experience, distinctive skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location of residence and/or place of employment. Base pay is one component of Metropolis’s total compensation package, which may also include access to or eligibility for healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, a lucrative stock option plan, bonus plans and more.
Something looks off?