Director of Business Development
Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that makes mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is already deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunity. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
Metropolis is looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to drive sales and build a team of dynamic sales professionals. This is an opportunity to take ownership of a key leadership role in a growing company. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual who thrives on challenges and is looking for an opportunity to take their sales experience to the next level.
As the Director of Business Development, you’ll be responsible for meeting with customers and clients and helping them understand how Metropolis can create a remarkable experience for their customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and help shape and scale the sales organization. We’re looking for sharp, energetic, and detail-oriented people who are passionate about implementing solutions that transform the status quo. This individual will be in a key client-facing role; building, managing and developing a high-performance sales team; creating a methodical, data driven sales process; filling and driving the sales pipeline; and closing deals.
- Drive sales, aggressively expand the customer base and generate new revenue
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives at Enterprise and Medium-size businesses
- Lead in-person client presentations to prospective clients, including information discovery sessions, product demonstrations and proposals
- Engage with prospects to understand their unique and specific pain points and produce compelling business cases to meet their needs
- Contact potential prospects from personally-generated research to build a robust sales pipeline
- Develop and implement a scalable sales process from prospecting/demand generation through contract execution
- Hire, train and lead a team of high-performing Business Development Managers as the company grows
- Work with internal team members to ensure successful on-boarding and implementation for new clients
- Leverage CRM data to construct, forecast, and manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Collaborate with internal product teams and provide feedback from the field to help shape future development
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to provide input on the growth of the business and align revenue strategy with overall company objectives
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 2-4 years of related sales/business development experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background, MVR and drug screen
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated tenacity and initiative to create new business opportunities with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to maintain stability, dependability and professionalism when faced with changing and difficult situations
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word) and various technology and point-of-sale applications
- Written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization
- Ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications
- Ability to compose professional internal and external business communications including reports, memos, letters, and e-mails
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional work environment.
- Experience in the transportation, mobility, real estate, or logistics industries is a plus! A passion for making the journey remarkable is non-negotiable. But mostly we’re looking for builders who are nice and give a damn.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $125,000.00 to $160,000.00 annually. The actual base pay offered is determined by a number of variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, years of relevant experience, distinctive skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location of residence and/or place of employment. Base pay is one component of Metropolis’s total compensation package, which may also include access to or eligibility for commission, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, a lucrative stock option plan, bonus plans and more.
Something looks off?