Mobility Specialist - Part Time
Metropolis Parking develops advanced technology that makes parking remarkable and turns the garages and lots of yesterday into connected mobility infrastructure. Our technology and operating teams are deployed in hundreds of locations across the country. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
Mobility Specialist Opportunity
As a Mobility Specialist, you will be the face of Metropolis Parking in our parking lots and will assist customers by helping them sign up for the new parking technology as needed with a polite and courteous attitude. To be successful, you must have the stamina to stand for extended periods of time while remaining vibrant and friendly. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is constantly looking to innovate, and must have good customer service skills.
As a Mobility Specialist, you will also be ensuring that customers have properly paid, and you will issue violations when required. Our team takes pride in our parking lots, and you will continually assist in the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the property, grounds, and common areas. We are in the early stages of implementing this technology solution, and you will find incredible growth potential within the company for those who perform at a high level.
Mobility Specialist Essential Duties and Functions
- Greet and welcome guests to the parking lots and garages and offer professional services
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help.
- Handle and carefully respond to all customer inquiries on the parking lots/garages with confidence.
- Patrol designated parking lots/ garages and identify vehicles without proper payment or permission.
- Write and issue parking violations to parking customers and tenants who violate parking policies.
- Document violations by photo using company-provided handheld device.
- Maintain cleanliness in parking lots and common areas.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills, and other hazards appropriately
- Flexibility to work at a variety of different shifts
- Stand and walk throughout the garages and/or lots for prolonged periods of up to six consecutive hours.
- Visually inspect vehicles in garages and lots; physically access all areas in all types of weather.
- Be comfortable working as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sweep Floors
- Pick up trash throughout the garage or lot, empty trash receptacles
- Work independently and as part of the team
- Observe safety precautions at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Garage Porter Essential Functions
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Passionate about providing a high level of customer service; you go above and beyond to delight the customer
- Ability to operate mobile devices and technology
- I-Pad, I-Phone, and Android Devices
- Communicate effectively in spoken English with team members and customers
- Willingness to work weekends and/or night shifts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to stand and stand for extended periods of time.
- Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.