Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that makes mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is already deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunity. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
The Staff Accountant works under the direction of an Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant maintaining general ledger accounts and related activities to produce financial statements in accordance with GAAP. The position will be responsible for daily accounting tasks and month-end close to include account reconciliations, thorough review of accounting classifications, preparing journal entries, analyzing business transactions, and delivering financial reports. This team member will also assist in the year-end close process, preparation and variance analysis of assigned budgets, annual audit, and tax returns.
- Manage general ledger accounting for designated locations
- Complete month-end close activities accurately and according to department deadlines
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Record accruals, expense allocation and month-end true ups
- Collect, analyze and convert data to general ledger system
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents and related support
- Work closely with internal and operational departments to ensure financial transactions are properly recorded and complete
- Assist with monthly budgetary process for reporting and variance analysis
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Participate in year-end audit to compile and prepare supporting schedules, work papers and financial reports
- Support tax return preparations
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of GAAP and ability to apply generally accepted accounting practices to daily processes
- Application and knowledge of general business practices and procedures
- MS Office (Advanced Excel, Word and Outlook) and various accounting technology applications (such as Yardi, Great Plains and NetSuite)
- Ability to plan and manage time for multiple simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of work-related information
- Multi-state and multi-location accounting experience strongly preferred
- Passion for transportation, mobility, and/or Proptech is a plus!