Mercury is building the banking stack for startups*. In contrast with most banks, we emphasize beauty and usability, and customers love the polish we put into our web app. We’re looking for a frontend engineer who’s excited to help us continue building out a quality product.
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
At Mercury, you’ll:
- Work on a beautiful app: Since many of our customers are startups, they appreciate a well-implemented design. We have high standards for our UI, and we think it shows on our website. We encourage you to sign up and check out our onboarding experience, or read our blog post about our date picker.
- Push the limits of TypeScript: As a financial technology company, preventing errors is a top priority for us, and we take advantage of TypeScript’s advanced static typing features to prevent them.
- Write clean React code: We have 78,425 lines of TypeScript and 14,145 lines of CSS—that’s a lot for a small team, so there’s no room for spaghetti code. React helps us keep it manageable.
- Exercise ownership over the product: Our engineers work closely with our designers and contribute their own ideas on making the product better.
The ideal candidate can handle technical challenges like configuring a Webpack pipeline, but also cares deeply about user experience. You should also have a year of engineering experience or a computer science education. Experience with the frontend specifically is not required. Interest or experience in iOS, Android, or Haskell development is a plus.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the saas and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a job candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees (any location): $150,000–$180,000 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 144,000–158,000
Something looks off?