Staff Product Manager - Risk
The Risk Product team at Mercury creates magical experiences for our customers - empowering them to grow their businesses by securing customer identities, accounts, transactions, and data. You’ll drive strategy and products for our internal teams to work as efficiently and intelligently as possible. You’ll help shape the contact points between customers and Mercury products, the relationship between internal and external compliance teams, support a fast growing risk operations team, and drive strategy for Risk at Mercury.
As a Staff Product Manager at Mercury, you will lead collaboration with designers, engineers, and other key partners to ship high quality products to our customers. You will drive strategy and execution for Risk at Mercury. You’ll be accountable for understanding customers and the business, developing strategy, prioritizing the roadmap, and keeping the team unblocked and executing at a high-level.
You will keep the team outcome-oriented — using qualitative and quantitative metrics to guide decision-making. Further, you will ensure the entire team feels a sense of ownership over product direction and results.
While you will focus on a particular area, you’ll develop a point of view on how our products fit into Mercury more broadly — working with teams like Core Product, Onboarding, Growth, Legal, and Compliance.
As part of the journey, we would expect you to:
- Gain a deep understanding of our current and potential customers’ needs.
- Gain a deep understanding of the market and Mercury’s products today.
- Leverage data and research to inform decision making through
- Develop and articulate metrics, requirements, goals, and features.
- Collaboratively prioritize and detail projects with designers and engineers.
- Lead strong, collaborative partnership within your team, execs, and broadly within Mercury.
Some things that might make you successful in a role like this:
- Domain expertise in payments, risk, identity is a strong plus
- Experience navigating and thriving in a highly regulated environment
- Empathize with customers — know how to understand customer needs and translate those into products and value props that resonate with end users.
- Understand data — be able to use data to inform decisions and set success metrics.
- Understand research — collaborate with design to run exploratory and usability focused research.
- Identify great products — help your design partner deliver valuable experiences.
- Prioritize requirements — define and deliver on focused specs.
- Manage large projects — balance a variety of stakeholders to ensure a project stays on track and is delivered at high quality.
- Communicate clearly — keep technical and non-technical partners on the same page throughout projects, using both verbal and written language.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers — foster a strong relationship and working model with your closest collaborators ; ensure everyone feels heard on product direction.
- Drive accountability — hold yourself and others accountable in service of great work.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees (any location): $237,600 - $279,500
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 216,200 - 254,300
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.