Customer Service Representative
Matic is an insurance tech startup who delivers an unbiased approach to insurance. We combine a powerful digital experience with assistance from our team of trusted advisors. Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience.
Our digital insurance marketplace has over 40 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and of course fun.
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Importance of the Customer Service Assistant Role:
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative who will enable our agency to increase insurance client retention by providing excellent service. You will be tasked with assisting our clients with their insurance carriers’ requirements, while collaborating and advocating for them and our agents.
What You’ll Do:
- Providing expert service and guidance to our clients over phone, email, and text
- Ensure correct documents are sent to clients based on their situation
- Completing tasks with organized notes with consistent processes
- Clearly articulating our Matic value proposition to the client
- Achieving team goals for productivity, quality, client satisfaction and policy retention
- Offering other insurance products to our clients where applicable
What You Offer:
- Effective communication skills especially over the phone.
- Ability to understand a customer’s situation and provide options towards resolution
- Tenacity and persuasiveness when it comes to doing what’s right
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and able to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to multitask as demonstrated by listening and responding to the customer while using a computer to research and enter information
- Passion that can convey the value of our Matic message clearly
- Customer service experience or experience as an advocate is highly preferred
- Insurance knowledge preferred
What We Offer:
- Career advancement - we have a culture that focuses on internal promotion and career growth.
- You have an ownership stake - all Maticians receive Matic stock options.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Company covered Health, Dental & Vision insurance for each Matician ($0 out of your paycheck for benefits), plus HSA with employer contribution.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Continuing education, licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One team, one dream is our company motto and while we are working hard to simplify the world of insurance, we never forget to play hard as well - we pride ourselves on frequent team events like happy hours, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc!
- Modern office environment (that’s CDC compliant!) - we have a trendy HQ in the heart of German Village in downtown Columbus with awesome amenities including ping pong tables, coffee/espresso bar, flavored water bar (sparkling or still, your choice!).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Something looks off?