The Importance of this Role
As a Sales Engineer at Matic, you will join the Revenue org to support the team in solution selling to prospective partners, negotiating contracts, consulting on product development plans and regularly communicating the advances in our product’s features and benefits to our partners. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, and utilizes technical expertise and understanding of our products to articulate the value proposition of our complex technical solutions to a broad stakeholder audience.
What You’ll Do
- Support Business Development Executives with solution selling into prospect account base
- Partner with Business Development Executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Model the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition\
- Manage all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Work alongside business development executives to develop statement of work for partnerships
- Effectively communicate client needs to Product teams and Digital Marketing and Automation teams
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
What You Offer
- At least 5 years of Sales Engineering / Support and/or Product Management experience with highly engaged internal and external partners
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience with Salesforce, reporting, and best practices
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Formal project management experience
- Experience serving, selling, or working within the insurance, mortgage or finance space
What We Offer
- Career advancement - we have a culture that prioritizes internal promotion and career growth
- Matic Stock Options - all employees have ownership in Matic
- Flexible Paid Time Off - take off as much time as you need - we support work / life balance
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance - Matic pays 100% for employees - $0 out of your paycheck for benefits!
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - with monthly $$ employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan Option
- Continuing education - licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One Team, One Dream is our company motto
- Frequent team events & activities - happy hours, charity events, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc.
- Modern and casual office environment with various amenities - ping pong table, coffee/espresso bar, flavored water bar, etc.
Matic is an insurance tech startup who delivers an unbiased approach to insurance. We combine a powerful digital experience with assistance from our team of trusted advisors. Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience.
Our digital insurance marketplace has over 40 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and of course fun.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.