Sanctions Compliance Manager
Marqeta is on a mission to change the way money moves. Our open API card issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Square, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Uber, to issue cards, authorize transactions, and manage payment operations in real time. Founded in 2010, Marqeta IPO’d in 2021 and has grown into a team of over 800 Marqetans in the US, UK, and Canada.
As Marqeta’s Anti-Financial Crimes (AFC) Risk and Compliance Manager, you will partner with our Business Development, Product Management, and Legal teams as well as our bank partners to conceive and execute a strategy that ensures compliance, synthesize the regulatory requirements across multiple jurisdictions, and work cross-functionally to drive unified messaging and positioning within the organization and with our partners. You will join a rapidly growing team looking to build a strong and dynamic anti-money laundering, sanctions, fraud, and anti-bribery program.
We work Flexible First. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States or from our Oakland office. We’d love for you to join us!
What You’ll Do
- Synthesize bank and regulatory requirements into global AFC compliance policies and procedures and support their effective implementation throughout the company
- Support Marqeta’s sanctions screening and reporting program by making the final decision on alert dispositioning, reporting true matches to bank sponsors, and completing regulatory reporting, as needed
- Assist with the design and implementation of Marqeta’s Anti-Bribery (AB) program and controls
- Assist in the development of AFC compliance training for Marqeta and our customers, as required
- Provide AFC advisory and guidance to the Go-to-Market, Bank Partnerships, Risk Product, and Risk Operations teams
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably within the banking or payments industry, in AML Compliance and Risk Management;
- Knowledge of current and emerging payment systems and banking regulation/supervision within Canada, UK, Europe, and Australia, and in particular sanctions and AB regulation;
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment requiring a high degree of personal accountability, quality, accuracy, integrity and trust;
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment; and
- High EQ and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An advanced degree and CAMS-certification
- Leadership experience
- Application submission
- Recruiter phone call
- Hiring manager video call
- Virtual “Onsite” consisting of 5, 45min - 1hr calls
Compensation and Benefits
Marqeta is a Flex First company which allows you to choose your best working environment, whether that be from home or at a company office. To support Flex First, we calibrate pay to a competitive value according to working location. Compensation is aligned according to three tiers within the United States:
- National: A baseline tier that applies to most of the geographic territory of the United States.
- Premium: Slightly elevated from the National tier, and oriented toward a narrower set of higher cost-of-living areas, such as Los Angeles CA and Seattle WA
- Premium Plus: A tier for the most expensive working areas, like the San Francisco Bay area and New York City.
Visit this page or consult with a Recruiter to determine which tier would be applicable to you.
When determining salaries, we consider several factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior experience, and work location. The new-hire base salary range for this position is:
- National: $101,625 - $135,500
- Premium: $114,375 - $152,500
- Premium Plus: $127,050 - $169,400
We also believe in recognizing the contributions of our people. That's why we award annual bonuses to eligible employees, rewarding both individual performance and the success of the entire company.
Along with monetary compensation, Marqeta offers
- Multiple health insurance options
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Equity in a publicly-traded company and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Family-forming benefits, fertility support, and up to 20 weeks of Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial and professional coaching, and legal advice
- Monthly stipend to support our remote work model
- Annual “development dollars” to support our people growth and development
Equal Opportunity, Accommodations, and Privacy
Marqeta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that gives consideration to all qualified applicants, irrespective of any characteristics protected by law. This includes (but is not limited to) race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, color, ancestry, and Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants from all backgrounds, without regard to criminal histories, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion extends beyond the categories above. Review Marqeta’s ESG Report to see that dedication in action. Fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and respected creates a stronger and more innovative team at Marqeta. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and empower all members of our organization. Join us in building a company where diversity thrives and everyone can be their authentic selves.
If you require reasonable accommodation for the application process and beyond, please submit this form and we will be more than happy to assist you. Marqeta will make reasonable accommodations for candidates when needed in accordance with applicable law. The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.