Global Anti-Financial Crimes Risk and Compliance Senior Manager
Marqeta is on a mission to change the way money moves. Our open API card issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Square, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Uber, to issue cards, authorize transactions, and manage payment operations in real time. Founded in 2010, Marqeta IPO’d in 2021 and has grown into a team of over 700 Marqetans in the US, UK, and Canada.
As Marqeta’s Global Anti-Financial Crimes Risk and Compliance Senior Manager, you will partner with our Business Development, Product Management, and Legal teams as well as our bank partners to conceive and execute a strategy that ensures compliance, synthesize the regulatory requirements across multiple jurisdictions, and work cross-functionally to drive unified messaging and positioning within the organization and with our partners. You will join a rapidly growing team looking to build a strong and dynamic anti-money laundering, sanctions, and fraud program.
We work Flexible First. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States. We’d love for you to join us!
What You’ll Do
- Advise on Marqeta’s “Delegated Know Your Customer (KYC)” programs, including design and effectiveness, to ensure programs meet bank partner requirements for customer identification, PEP and sanctions screening, and identity theft protection
- Oversee Marqeta’s Identity Theft Protection Program in compliance with the Red Flags Rule, including devising monitoring rules and procedures and ensuring they are appropriately administered by Marqeta’s first line of defense
- Work closely with our KYC Operations and Due Diligence teams on ensuring controls and processes are aligned to bank requirements and regulations
- Work with Marqeta’s Risk Product team on development and maintenance of KYC tools
- Oversee Marqeta’s customers’ AFC program implementation including testing of AML, sanctions, and fraud controls
- Synthesize bank and regulatory requirements into global AFC compliance policies and procedures and support their effective implementation throughout the company
- Assist in the development of AML compliance training for Marqeta and our customers, as required
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of AML Compliance and Risk Management experience within consumer banking or payments industry
- Knowledge of current and emerging payment systems and banking regulation/supervision within Canada, Australia, and UK/EU, and in particular AML regulation
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment requiring a high degree of personal accountability, quality, accuracy, integrity and trust
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment
- High EQ and excellent written and oral communication skills
- A degree and CAMS-certification
- Management experience
- Erika Giovanetti, Head of Anti-Financial Crimes Risk and Compliance
Recruiter For This Role
- Application submission
- Recruiter call
- Hiring manager video call
- Virtual “Onsite” consisting of 4, 45 min calls
Compensation and Benefits
Marqeta is a Flex First company which allows you to choose your best working environment, whether that be from home or at a company office. To support Flex First, we calibrate pay to a competitive value according to working location. Compensation is aligned according to three tiers within the United States:
- National: A baseline tier that applies to most of the geographic territory of the United States.
- Premium: Slightly elevated from the National tier, and oriented toward a narrower set of higher cost-of-living areas, such as Los Angeles CA and Seattle WA
- Premium Plus: A tier for the most expensive working areas, like the San Francisco Bay area and New York City.
Visit this page or consult with a Recruiter to determine which tier would be applicable to you.
When determining salaries, we consider several factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior experience, and work location. The new-hire base salary range for this position is:
- National: $120,000 - $160,000
- Premium: $135,000 - $180,000
- Premium Plus: $150,000 - $200,000
We also believe in recognizing the contributions of our people. That's why we award annual bonuses to eligible employees, rewarding both individual performance and the success of the entire company.
Along with monetary compensation, Marqeta offers
- Multiple health insurance options
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Equity in a publicly-traded company and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Family-forming benefits, fertility support, and up to 20 weeks of Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial and professional coaching, and legal advice
- Monthly stipend to support our remote work model
- Annual “development dollars” to support our people growth and development
Equal Opportunity, Accommodations, and Privacy
Marqeta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that gives consideration to all qualified applicants, irrespective of any characteristics protected by law. This includes (but is not limited to) race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, color, ancestry, and Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants from all backgrounds, without regard to criminal histories, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion extends beyond the categories above. Review Marqeta’s ESG Report to see that dedication in action. Fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and respected creates a stronger and more innovative team at Marqeta. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and empower all members of our organization. Join us in building a company where diversity thrives and everyone can be their authentic selves.
If you require reasonable accommodation for the application process and beyond, please submit this form and we will be more than happy to assist you. Marqeta will make reasonable accommodations for candidates when needed in accordance with applicable law. The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.