Operations Associate I- Card Servicing
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Best Egg is the leading financial confidence platform that provides flexible solutions to real-life challenges for people with limited savings. We leverage real-time customer insights and data science to connect more people with the right products for their financial needs. Our offers include a growing suite of products such as personal loans, a credit card, and flexible rent, which are complemented by a suite of financial health tools to help customers make smart financial decisions and stay on track, so they can be money confident no matter what life throws at them.
Our culture and values inspire our employees and customers to embrace Best Egg. We are committed to championing a culture of inclusiveness and diversity of thought, and we focus on providing a safe, flexible, and collaborative work environment. Our employees are encouraged to engage in creative problem solving, and we promote opportunities for growth and enrichment across the organization.
If you are inspired by inspiring others, Best Egg is the place for you.
Best Egg promotes diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Join our growing internal Operations team as we look for Card Servicing Account Managers to maintain relationships with existing customers and perform card account servicing functions.
Amazing foot in the door to a fast-growing financial technology company with internal growth paths and advancement opportunities.
We are hiring on a full-time basis, salary + great benefits package (low cost) and other perks such as tuition reimbursement and paid parental leave.
Please note the following work schedule:
· Full-Time Positions – 40 hours per week
· Initial schedule: 8 am – 5 pm EST (during 2-week training period)
· Standard schedule post-training:
· Monday - Friday: 8am – 5pm EST or 9am – 6pm EST
· Saturday - 2 Saturdays per month 9 am - 1 pm (Fridays flexible when working Saturday)
Loss prevention, compliance adherence and Customer satisfaction are the primary drivers within the credit card servicing department (financial services). Card Account Managers assist our customers with the resolution of their past due status through contact by phone. Significant effort is placed on the importance of ensuring an exceptional experience takes place with every Customer interaction.
A Card Servicing Account Manager is the company’s primary interface with existing customers. The role includes receiving inbound and outbound calls and solving and/or educating customers on specific account information, concerns, and inquiries to make it as easy and as possible to do business with and resolve their delinquency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive inbound and make outbound calls while solving and/or educating customers on specific account information, concerns, and inquiries.
- Listen actively and establish rapport
- Quickly understand and analyze customer needs
- Use multiple computer software applications to properly service customers’ accounts
- Take ownership of any follow-up work necessary to service customer and ensure that nothing slips through the cracks
- Speak/write knowledgeably about products and services with a positive and professional customer focus
- Ability to adapt and respond to flexible financial environment
- Work within a virtual team with open communication to contribute to team and company success
- Adhere to financial services compliance regulations and security policies
- Consistently meet department performance standards
- Complete additional finance projects and tasks as assigned
- Contribute ideas and recommendations for improvements to the department and company
- Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- 1 years’ experience in customer service with an excellent performance and attendance record.
- Extremely Customer-focused, positive, professional attitude
- 1+ Banking, Financial Industry, and Call-Center experience a strong plus.
- College degree (preferred but not required)
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation Skills
- Excellent oral communications skills (grammar, positive tone, active listening, etiquette, empathy, confidence) and written skills (spelling, logical thought processes, and sentence construction, appropriate word choice
- Intelligent, self-motivated, quick learner and adaptive
- Pays strict attention to detail, understands the importance of accuracy and responsiveness
- PC and internet skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Best Egg offers many additional benefits for our employees, including (but not limited to):
· Pre-tax and post-tax retirement savings plans with a competitive company matching
· Generous paid time-off plans including vacation, personal/sick time, paid short--
term and long-term disability leaves, paid parental leave, and paid company
· Multiple health care plans to choose from, including dental and vision options
· Flexible Spending Plans for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Health
· Company-paid benefits such as life insurance, wellness platforms, employee
assistance programs, and Health Advocate programs
· Other great discounted benefits include identity theft protection, pet insurance,
fitness center reimbursements, and many more!
In compliance with the CCPA, Best Egg is fully committed to handling the personal information and data of employees and job applications responsibly with respect and due care. Review our CCPA Employee Policy here