Fraud Analytics Manager
Accounting & Finance, Data Science
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Best Egg is the leading financial confidence platform that provides flexible solutions to real-life challenges for people with limited savings. We leverage real-time customer insights and data science to connect more people with the right products for their financial needs. Our offers include a growing suite of products such as personal loans, a credit card, and flexible rent, which are complemented by a suite of financial health tools to help customers make smart financial decisions and stay on track, so they can be money confident no matter what life throws at them.
Our culture and values inspire our employees and customers to embrace Best Egg. We are committed to championing a culture of inclusiveness and diversity of thought, and we focus on providing a safe, flexible, and collaborative work environment. Our employees are encouraged to engage in creative problem solving, and we promote opportunities for growth and enrichment across the organization.
If you are inspired by inspiring others, Best Egg is the place for you.
Best Egg promotes diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
The Fraud Analytics Manager will be a critical member of the Credit Strategy team and will be
responsible for using a combination of data and anti-fraud experience to optimize customer
onboarding fraud strategies for Best Egg with the goal of maximizing underwriting decisions,
customer experience, fraud performance, and investor return. The Manager is expected to
partner with other areas of the business to drive overall company objectives, by identifying
opportunities and proposing solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This individual will work daily with our datasets with the responsibility of monitoring, refining, and recommending improvements to fraud strategies centered around the acquisition of new customers and the protection of existing accounts.
- Post-mortem analysis of fraudulent accounts to identify cause and what, if anything, could have been done to prevent boarding the accounts.
- Influence senior leadership to implement new fraud decisioning processes.
- Improve overall fraud decisioning rate at underwriting by introducing new data and developing segment specific verification strategies.
- Understand the test/control strategies, monitor the performance, and share findings with the stakeholders.
- Support onboarding of third-party data providers: evaluate and write requirements to set up a new process including data mapping and strategy development.
- Cultivate good working relationships with other business units, particularly Implementation/Tech, Operations, Data Science, and vendors.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an analytical role in fraud risk within the financial industry.
- Must be proficient in an analytical programming language (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python or R) and MS Excel;
- Must be proficient in interpreting data using analytics, research methodologies, and statistical techniques.
- Previous experience assessing fraud risk of new customer applications is desirable.
- Previous experience managing fraud for personal loan, vehicle loan, and/or credit card acquisitions is desirable.
- Previous experience managing fraud transaction risk for a Credit Card issuer is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience with Business Intelligence reporting (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, etc) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, , Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, another quantitative major or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Able to independently resolves most issues and complex matters.
- Has managed cross-functional team projects to completion.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills as the role is expected to interact with all levels of management along with third-party vendors.
- Self-motivated, well organized individual willing to ace the changing business needs backed by data.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching, and mentoring.
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment.
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary.
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development.
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Best Egg offers many additional benefits for our employees, including (but not limited to):
· Pre-tax and post-tax retirement savings plans with a competitive company matching
· Generous paid time-off plans including vacation, personal/sick time, paid short--
term and long-term disability leaves, paid parental leave, and paid company
· Multiple health care plans to choose from, including dental and vision options
· Flexible Spending Plans for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Health
· Company-paid benefits such as life insurance, wellness platforms, employee
assistance programs, and Health Advocate programs
· Other great discounted benefits include identity theft protection, pet insurance,
fitness center reimbursements, and many more!
In compliance with the CCPA, Best Egg is fully committed to handling the personal information and data of employees and job applications responsibly with respect and due care. Review our CCPA Employee Policy here