Product Manager Reporting and Data Service
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Best Egg is the leading financial confidence platform that provides flexible solutions to real-life challenges for people with limited savings. We leverage real-time customer insights and data science to connect more people with the right products for their financial needs. Our offers include a growing suite of products such as personal loans, a credit card, and flexible rent, which are complemented by a suite of financial health tools to help customers make smart financial decisions and stay on track, so they can be money confident no matter what life throws at them.
Our culture and values inspire our employees and customers to embrace Best Egg. We are committed to championing a culture of inclusiveness and diversity of thought, and we focus on providing a safe, flexible, and collaborative work environment. Our employees are encouraged to engage in creative problem solving, and we promote opportunities for growth and enrichment across the organization.
If you are inspired by inspiring others, Best Egg is the place for you.
Best Egg promotes diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
As a Product Manager for Reporting and Data Services, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of how we manage key reporting and document management at scale. You will be responsible for the end-to-end product lifecycle, from conception to launch and beyond. Your strategic vision and leadership will guide cross-functional teams in delivering products that exceed customer expectations and drive business success. You will work closely with General Managers, Revenue Directors, and your Group Product Manager to transform product vision into actionable priorities that will achieve KPI’s utilizing an agile framework for execution. You will lead product discovery, identify and remove risks upfront, formalize technical requirements, and own prioritization and backlog of all development in your product area. You will collaborate closely with engineering, design, other product teams, and key business areas to ensure the seamless execution of product initiatives. You will be empowered to define problems, build solutions, and deliver outcomes for our customers and business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead all product development efforts for a deeply specialized/highly technical product requiring specialized domain knowledge and directly responsible for key business results.
- Own key data processes related to investor and internal financial reporting, and customer document management.
- With support from the GPM, own the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from concept ideation to launch, ensuring timely and successful delivery of products that deliver business and/or customer value.
- ·Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, customer insights, designers, and other critical contributors to deliver high-quality products and achieve desired outcomes.
- Lead the process of gathering and defining product requirements from various stakeholders, including customers, internal teams, and subject matter experts you’ll use to create appropriate product documentation.
- Leverage Product discovery techniques such as interviews, prototyping, and testing, upfront to remove risk and create certainty in outcomes.
- Write product requirement documentation that includes user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, and functional specifications that are measurable, actionable, and align with the overall product strategy and objectives.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the progress of product development against the defined requirements and proactively navigating any questions or roadblocks along the way.
- Develop, communicate, and execute a comprehensive product roadmap that meets the expectations, risk appetite, and objectives of your Business Line General Managers for your product area that also aligns with the company’s vision and strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of your customer, their problems, and our business goals relative to your product area. Bring these insights to your roadmap.
- Be the expert in the functionality of the product.
- Be an evangelist for your product and your customer, continuing to drive for improvement, success, and high-value outcomes for both the customer and the business.
- Define, track, and evolve key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure product performance and success. Collaborate with data and insights teams to leverage data and market insights to identify areas for improvement and drive product enhancements.
- Own legacy burden work (BAU) relative to your product and appropriately prioritize relative to high-impact net new development.
- Own operational excellence and maintain production stability for your product.
- 3+ years of professional experience in product management and/or technology organizations.
- Experience working with data as a service and product. Bonus points for document management.
- Proven experience in delivering products that result in positive customer outcomes and business results.
- Ability to quickly align multiple cross-functional teams to meet ever changing business environments.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Experience executing in agile product development methodologies and/or similar product management principles.
- Outstanding communication abilities.
- Can make tradeoffs and prioritize with incomplete information.
- Data-informed mindset with proficiency in using analytics tools to drive product decisions.
- Passionate about leveraging market research, customer insights feedback, focusing on user-centered design, and customer-driven product development.
- Results-oriented mindset focusing on delivering measurable outcomes that positively impact the business at-scale.
- Comfortable in ambiguity, but with a drive to resolve to clarity.
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Best Egg offers many additional benefits for our employees, including (but not limited to):
· Pre-tax and post-tax retirement savings plans with a competitive company matching
· Generous paid time-off plans including vacation, personal/sick time, paid short--
term and long-term disability leaves, paid parental leave, and paid company
· Multiple health care plans to choose from, including dental and vision options
· Flexible Spending Plans for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Health
· Company-paid benefits such as life insurance, wellness platforms, employee
assistance programs, and Health Advocate programs
· Other great discounted benefits include identity theft protection, pet insurance,
fitness center reimbursements, and many more!
In compliance with the CCPA, Best Egg is fully committed to handling the personal information and data of employees and job applications responsibly with respect and due care. Review our CCPA Employee Policy here