Compliance Advisory Officer - Consumer Lending Products
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Best Egg is a consumer financial technology platform that aims to help people feel more confident about their everyday finances through a suite of products and resources. Our digital financial platform offers simple, accessible, and personalized financial solutions including personal loans, credit cards, flexible rent product and a financial health resource center.
Our culture and values are one of the core reasons why our customers keep returning to Best Egg. We are committed to championing a culture of inclusiveness and diversity of thought, and we focus on providing a safe, flexible, and collaborative work environment. Our associates are encouraged to engage in creative problem solving, and we promote opportunities for growth and enrichment across the organization.
If you are inspired by inspiring others, Best Egg is the place for you.
Best Egg celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
The Compliance Advisory Officer will report to the Head of Compliance Advisory and will provide guidance around applicable consumer protection laws and regulations, including UDAAP, ECOA, TILA, FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA and GLB/CCPA. This role will support new and existing Best Egg consumer lending products. This role will also provide a unique opportunity to partner with departments across Marlette and to be involved in all facets of the Best Egg platform as it continues to build and grow.
- Support and advise the business in the development of new products, programs and services.
- Perform regulatory risk assessments.
- Provide guidance regarding the applicability of regulatory developments.
- Review policies and procedures, and consumer facing collateral, including marketing and disclosures.
- Assist the business with issue remediation, complaint resolutions and formal responses.
- Always be prepared to pivot for the unexpected development, the fast-moving idea, and the creative solution.
- A minimum of five years of consumer financial services compliance experience
- Knowledgeable of closed-end secured and unsecured consumer loan products and open-end products.
- Superior organizational and communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- The ability to collaborate effectively and propose alternate solutions
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- CRCM preferred
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Best Egg offers many additional benefits for our employees, including (but not limited to):
· Pre-tax and post-tax retirement savings plans with a competitive company matching
· Generous paid time-off plans including vacation, personal/sick time, paid short--
term and long-term disability leaves, paid parental leave, and paid company
· Multiple health care plans to choose from, including dental and vision options
· Flexible Spending Plans for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Health
· Company-paid benefits such as life insurance, wellness platforms, employee
assistance programs, and Health Advocate programs
· Other great discounted benefits include identity theft protection, pet insurance,
fitness center reimbursements, and many more!
In compliance with the CCPA, Best Egg is fully committed to handling the personal information and data of employees and job applications responsibly with respect and due care. Review our CCPA Employee Policy here
See more open positions at Marlette Funding
Something looks off?