Sr. Lead Full Stack Software Engineer - Front End
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Best Egg is a consumer financial technology platform that aims to help people feel more confident about their everyday finances through a suite of products and resources. Our digital financial platform offers simple, accessible, and personalized financial solutions including personal loans, credit cards, flexible rent products and a financial health resource center.
Flexible Rent is a mission-driven team that has set out to change the way people access financial services. We believe that rental housing can be a platform for financial inclusion. We bring products to landlords that improve their ability to understand and work with their residents while improving the resident's ability to pay rent.
The team operates like a close knit startup with product and technology collaborating closely together, engineers possessing vision and big thinking skills by meeting with stakeholders and scoping requirements in addition to working with latest opensource based tech stacks.
Best Egg celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in the craft and wants to be part of a team of talented engineers working to further the growth of our Flexible Rent team. You'll partner with engineering teams, product managers, analysts, and customer success to design, build, and maintain our technology platform.
- Own one or multiple projects from start to finish and be guided by the support of a dedicated manager, mentor or lead engineer
- Participate in daily team processes and learn all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Track data that will allow us to better understand how we can improve our products
- Learn about the business and engineering practices
- Incrementally increased the quality and reliability of our payment processing system
- Tell Johnny Austin he doesn't know what he's talking about
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Have the ability to learn quickly
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- Possess the ability to solve real-time technology problems
- Are a self-starter and possess strong sense of self-motivation
- Are selfless. Ideas don't have to originate from you in order for you to commit to a path forward
- Value ownership and autonomy
- Fluency in at least one non-Bash programming language such as Python, Ruby,
- Experience with (or a willingness to learn) at least one major front end development framework (React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience with at least one cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Familiarity with at least one CI / CD tool such as Harness, GitHub Actions, Spinnaker, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- Experience with at least one log/metrics/alerting tools such as DataDog, Sumologic,
- FluentD, Prometheus, ELK, or Splunk
- Experience with DynamoDB, Security Scanning Tools, AWS Multi-Region configuration, Snowflake
- An eye for design
Our Tech Stack
- Experience with some of these would be helpful. We'll teach you the rest!
- AWS Lambda | DynamoDB | ECS | Docker | SQS | CloudFormation
In addition to semi-monthly salary payments, this position is also eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance. Salary range $120,000 - 130,000 base annual bonus target 20% of base.
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Best Egg offers many additional benefits for our employees, including (but not limited to):
· Pre-tax and post-tax retirement savings plans with a competitive company matching
· Generous paid time-off plans including vacation, personal/sick time, paid short--
term and long-term disability leaves, paid parental leave, and paid company
· Multiple health care plans to choose from, including dental and vision options
· Flexible Spending Plans for Health Care, Dependent Care, and Health
· Company-paid benefits such as life insurance, wellness platforms, employee
assistance programs, and Health Advocate programs
· Other great discounted benefits include identity theft protection, pet insurance,
fitness center reimbursements, and many more!
In compliance with the CCPA, Best Egg is fully committed to handling the personal information and data of employees and job applications responsibly with respect and due care. Review our CCPA Employee Policy here
See more open positions at Marlette Funding
Something looks off?