As a Sr. Accountant You Will :
As a Senior Accountant you will play a key role in building out the accounting processes of the Company. This is a hands-on position with a blend of accounting and operational duties. You will report to the Controller and be responsible for the revenue recognition process and will collaborate with various cross-functional teams such as Account Management, Operations, and Data.
Helping to deliver on MANTL’s mission statement internally and externally will separate you as a candidate from others. This is a high-impact position to support a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and offers endless growth opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Perform month-end close procedures for assigned areas and independently prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analysis
- Support revenue recognition processes including review of contracts, accounting policies and memos, journal entries, deferred revenue, accounts receivable
- Lead the quote-to-cash cycle, including invoicing and related communications
- Assist with preparation of schedules and support for year-end financial statement audit
- Participate in improving internal controls, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of revenue process
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience at a SaaS or fintech company
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- Working knowledge of GAAP and ASC 606
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and accurately on technical and operational issues
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others informed of status with respect to deadlines
- Advanced Excel proficiency
Nice to Haves:
- CPA or working toward CPA
- Familiarity with Ordway, Quickbooks, NetSuite, and Salesforce
- Prior experience at a start-up or high-growth company
What We Offer:
- MANT offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, equity and benefits.
- Target pay for this role is 110-140K though this is subject to change based on performance and market conditions
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote set-up allowance of $400
- Creative and fun team-building events (improv, chocolate and wine tasting, happy hours)
- Mental health and wellness programs
- Stocked office fridge
- Remote or onsite flexibility in our New York office
- Parental Leave
- And more!
Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. Our modern banking software helps level the playing field for smaller banks and credit unions by enabling them to grow digitally.
Our deposit origination platform is widely considered best-in-class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Check out what our CEO has to say about MANTL’s impact here.
Our investors include CapitalG, Point72, ClockWork, and BoxGroup
The MANTL Culture:
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day.
People are our most important asset and the top reason we love working at MANTL. We're a group of passionate technologists who support an accountable, transparent, and collaborative culture that fosters productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well. We’re always a work in progress — and we’re proud to be named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City for two years running.
MANTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
Something looks off?