Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer You Will:
Have an opportunity join a small yet mighty team of four. Our mission is to deliver trusted data and intelligence that is user-friendly, creates value for both our customers and MANTL, and empowers community banks and credit unions. Our vision is to develop an ecosystem of intelligence products that seamlessly integrate data across the entire customer experience layer.
The MANTL platform serves as a unified data pipeline for community banking, aggregating information from banking activities, web behavior, and numerous third-party service providers and APIs into a clean, usable format. Our deep integration with core systems and a unified data layer allows us to consolidate data from core, CRM, clickstream, public, and third-party sources in MANTL’s Intelligence Layer. This powers a range of dynamic, data-driven marketing programs that boost top-of-the-funnel acquisition and enhance customer engagement.
- You have experience managing large-scale production workloads on the Google Cloud stack.
- You are passionate about architecture, planning, test driven development and platform stability.
- You communicate effectively with teams and write detailed technical documentation.
- You are confident communicating with business users and executive audiences.
- You have a genuine passion for data engineering, and are experience with technical estimation and planning.
- You are eager to seize growth opportunities and ready for end-to-end ownership of significant data engineering surface area.
We Are Looking For:
- Proficiency in one compiled programming language (Python or Go)
- Experience developing and deploying services into a complex performance-sensitive environment
- Expert understanding of SQL and data warehouse architecture
- Familiarity with common design patterns in a microservice architecture
- Professional experience with GCP
- Production experience working with BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker & DBT
- Understanding of event-driven architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Looker
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary ranging from $165,000 to $180,000 depending on overall experience and level.
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote setup allowance of $400
- Creative and fun team-building events (improv, chocolate and wine tasting, happy hours)
- Mental health and wellness programs
- Stocked office fridge (yes, we have Spindrift)
- Remote or onsite flexibility
- And more!
Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast-growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. Our modern banking software helps level the playing field for smaller banks and credit unions by enabling them to grow digitally.
Our deposit origination platform is widely considered best-in-class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Check out what our CEO has to say about MANTL’s impact here.
Our investors include CapitalG, Point72, ClockWork, and BoxGroup.
The MANTL Culture:
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day.
People are our most important asset and the top reason we love working at MANTL. We're a group of passionate technologists who support an accountable, transparent, and collaborative culture that fosters productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well. We’re always a work in progress — and we’re proud to be named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City for two years running.
MANTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.