Sr. iOS Engineer - Portugal
Lively set out to raise the bar on benefit solutions, because we believe no one should have to sacrifice personal wellness for financial wellness. While traditional benefits focus more on transactions and less on the humans using them, Lively harnesses user-centric design and innovative technology to deliver an effortless experience for employers and account holders alike. Our modern HSA is consistently top-rated, and we have since expanded our offerings to provide a full suite of other benefits and services for companies, consumers, and financial institutions.
Lively is a remote-first company, headquartered in San Francisco with employees across the US. Come join us and help make getting the value out of your benefits as simple as it should be.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our mobile team! They will be responsible for the overall architecture, designing, developing and maintaining the Lively iOS application. They will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand the business needs and translate them into technical solutions.
Even though this position is based in Portugal, you will be working closely with US based employees. You should be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Developing and maintaining high-quality iOS applications: The Senior iOS engineer would be responsible for designing, coding, testing, and debugging applications for Apple's iOS platform.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams: Work with designers, product managers, and other developers to ensure that the application meets the company's requirements.
- Identifying and solving technical problems: The candidate would be responsible for identifying and troubleshooting technical issues that arise during development, and finding solutions to those problems.
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies: The Senior iOS engineer would need to keep up with the latest trends and technologies in the iOS development world, and incorporate them into the application development process where appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in iOS engineering.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, with strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in Swift or Objective-C.
- Deep understanding of the iOS SDKs and frameworks, including UIKit, Foundation, Core Data, and Core Animation, to name a few.
- Knowledge of mobile development best practices such as optimizing app performance, managing memory, and designing for different screen sizes.
- Understanding of software design patterns.
- Understand the process of distributing and submitting apps to the App Store, including code signing, provisioning profiles, and app store guidelines.
- Experience with version control.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with a strong work ethic and commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Attention to detail and ability to write clean, maintainable code.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements, with a positive attitude, proactive and self-motivated approach to work.
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks and automated testing practices.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools and practices.
This position is based in Portugal, and candidates are not eligible for the benefits below.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications, but feel you would be a good fit for the position. However, you must be located in the United States.
Benefits & Perks
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage. An HSA with employer contribution, FSA, paid parental leave, medical travel benefits, a 401k plan, flexible vacation policy and more!
At Lively, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Come join us in our mission to help people optimize their healthcare spending, maximize their savings, and better their livelihood!
Lively Inc. participates in the E-Verify program. Learn more about E-Verify here:
Something looks off?