Director of Business Development
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
We’re growing our sales team and are hiring a Director of Business Development to help us drive new business. As a Director of Business Development, you will own the entire sales cycle and act as the key contact for prospective customers. In addition to your work with prospects, you’ll also work closely with internal teams like marketing and product to help hone messaging, strategy, and product development. This is a great role for someone who loves to sell and participate in the go-to-market strategy.
- Manage the full-cycle sales process from lead to close.
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for strategic verticals.
- Become the go-to expert for your verticals, and use this expertise to provide value to your prospects and insights to our product teams.
- Research accounts and identify prospects and source leads, with a focus on accountability for meeting/exceeding agreed-upon sales targets.
- Qualification is key to the Lithic sales cycle. You’ll need to ask great questions to deeply understand the customer’s use cases and how Lithic’s technology can support their card program.
- We’re industry experts and consultative in our sales approach. You will provide relevant recommendations to prospects based on their program's needs. Stay up to date on the ever-changing changing regulatory and competitive landscape.
- Build trust and long-term relationships with key executive stakeholders.
- Partner with marketing on customer targeting, outbound campaigns, and optimizing conversion rates at every stage of the funnel.
- Feed insights from the field back to our product team to influence the product roadmap.
- At least five (5) years of sales experience
- General knowledge of financial and/or payment solutions technology; payments experience or direct experience in card issuing is a plus
- Proven ability to understand complex customer problems and tailor solutions
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- A demonstrated ability and desire to think and act like an owner
$160,000 - $190,000 base plus draw and commission
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match
- Fully covered membership to One Medical (dependent on location)
- 1-year membership to Talkspace
- Classpass credit
Something looks off?