Senior Loan Accountant
Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded almost $13 billion dollars worth of loans across about 52,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation's largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans Funded: $13+ billion in loans funded
- Homes financed: 52,000+ projects funded for our customers across the country. 95% of projects have successful exits
- Geography: 31 states + D.C. where we lend to real estate investors so they can revitalize neighborhoods
- Employees: Over 400 employees
This position can be based remotely in any of our approved hiring regions. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them.
The Accounting team ensures all money movements and transactions are appropriately accounted for based on US GAAP, Company’s accounting policies with procedures, and ensures valuable financial insights generated from financial reporting. We partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
We are looking for a self-starting Senior Loan Accountant who is strong in technical and operational loan accounting, and is excited to grow with the organization. This highly cross-functional position will provide the candidate with exposure to many different aspects and levels of the business, including opportunities to work with senior management. The Senior Loan Accountant will handle day to day loan accounting activities, be knowledgeable of applicable US GAAP, play an integral role in external audits of the Company’s financial statements, work with Data Team engineers to automate journal entries and build Tableau reports.
Kiavi has a very collaborative culture with a fast-paced work environment which provides ample opportunities to take on interesting projects. We are building a great company here and people who are passionate about creating and building something meaningful can be very successful. The ideal Senior Loan Accountant candidate will be a critical thinker who has the ability to work autonomously when necessary and has a fairly developed understanding of US GAAP. Experience interpreting and implementing technical pronouncements is a plus, but a hunger for career growth and professional development is a must!
- Prepare journal entries, perform accounting research, and efficiently analyze large volume transactional data for loan accounting lifecycle (originations to sales and servicing) and other parts of the business.
- Perform timely cash / restricted cash reconciliations for loan accounting bank accounts
- Account for the activities of the business in areas including loan servicing, MSR, securitizations, REO, warehouse lines of credit, and others.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Team to accurately complete the month-end close entries, processes, procedures and deliverables timely.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations and roll forwards of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and balance sheet fluctuation analyses for management and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and provide support for ad hoc requests.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks).
- Assist in preparing audit support for external audits and respond to audit inquiries.
- Participate in the ongoing development and establishment of accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in compliance, investor and tax reporting.
- Strive to continuously improve the automation of accounting and reporting processes.
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives and ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- 4+ years of overall accounting experience, with a mix of tech/financial service industry & public accounting experience combination preferred.
- BA in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Strong Excel skills required; experience with Tableau and/or Workday a plus.
- Accounting experience in a publicly-traded and/or start-up company is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with individuals throughout the company.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Desire for career growth and professional development.
Kiavi takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The expected annualized base pay range for this full-time role to be performed remotely is $82,100 - $102,600 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. Your recruiter can share more about the specific base pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the pay range listed above reflects the base salary only, and does not include the target value of equity, or benefits.
We are not approved to hire in the following regions: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming- As well as: NYC Metro Area, Seattle Metro, Washington DC Metro, Baltimore Metro, Chicago Metro, Houston Metro, Denver Metro, Portland Metro.
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all new hires are granted stock options. After meeting a service requirement at Kiavi, we offer an extension to exercise options up to 3 years after termination.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Carrot: The leading global fertility benefits provider, built to support employees through their lifelong fertility healthcare journey.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
- Comment start HousingWire: 2023 HW Tech100 Winner: Kiavi
- PropTech Connect: Kiavi Closes $209M To Grow Its Funding Capacity
- CrowdFund Insider: Kiavi Closes $158M Revolving Securitization of Residential Transition Loans
- Mortgage Professional America: Real investors’ lender Kiavi achieves milestone
- Inc Magazine: 2022 Best Places to Work: Kiavi