VP, Compliance Advisory
Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 4 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the RoleLendingClub’s Compliance Department is seeking a talented individual for the position as VP, Compliance Advisory to support the company’s marketplace activities.
This individual will lead and oversee the Company’s Compliance Advisory team and will develop, implement and maintain policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the Board of Directors, management and employees understand and adhere to regulatory and other risk management requirements. This role also provides support and expertise to advise and guide the company, business lines and operational areas in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
What You'll Do
- Supervises a team of compliance professionals.
- Provides guidance to directors and managers on all compliance matters including risk management practices.
- Establish, maintain and leverage relationships with other functional areas, such as the Corporate Audit Department, Controllers, the Legal Department and Human Resources and business units to direct activities to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management.
- Advise on compliance with laws and regulations applicable to deposit, credit and investor-based product lines, day-to-day corporate activities and securities transactions, including consulting on the design and implementation of key strategic initiatives and business changes to provide tactical regulatory/compliance advice on regulatory requirements both individually and through the compliance team.
- Act as a strong partner and trusted advisor with the bank’s business stakeholders on assessing risk with respect to new products and services.
- Oversee bank-wide risk assessments, partner with the first line of defense to address control enhancements with sustainable solutions.
- Establish a strong monitoring program commensurate with the bank’s risk profile.
- Ensure that remediation efforts are sufficient and timely; Review action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure; Participate in root cause analysis and the resolution of deficiencies.
- Provide guidance and support for bank initiatives regarding the strengthening of the first line risk management function.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business and staff group partners to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management that builds risk culture across the bank and reinforces a strong and agile Compliance Management System.
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements – ability to use data to support testing efforts and risk assessment.
- Assist in enhancing reporting including identifying technology solutions to drive risk culture.
- Establish, implement and supervise compliance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in business management, risk, new product and project meetings and provides compliance risk advice as well as ongoing information about new and changing regulatory developments.
- 15 years of financial services experience, preferably in compliance, risk management, operations and/or audit roles
- Familiarity with securities and investment advisory laws, rules and regulations
- Experience advising on compliance with laws and regulations applicable to deposit, credit and/or investor-based product lines
- Well-developed skills in leadership, influence management, business advocacy, communication and training; ability to think and act strategically and tactically
San Francisco, Lehi or New York. We are currently working a hybrid schedule and our teams are in-office Tuesdays and Wednesday.
Time Zone Requirements
Primarily local hours.
The target base salary range for this position is 220,000 - 280,000. The position is also eligible to receive a bonus (which is based on company performance, employee performance and eligible earnings), equity, and benefits. Our salary ranges, other compensation and benefits offered are determined by role, experience level and location.
We’re creating new financial services solutions for our members based on fairness, simplicity, and heart, and we treat our employees the same way. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, 401(k) match, health and wellness programs, flexible time off policies for salaried employees, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave and more.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.