Collections Operations Manager
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
At Lendbuzz, we believe financial opportunity should be more personalized and fair. We develop innovative technologies that provide underserved and overlooked borrowers with better access to credit. From our employees to our dealers, partners, and borrowers, we’ve built a company and a culture around a resolute belief in the promise and power of diversity. We value independent and critical thinking.
We are looking for an experienced Collections Operations Manager to lead our onshore collections team, including early, mid and late stage collections as well as our redemptions and reinstatements team.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead, coach and develop front line collections supervisors to achieve expected results
- Achieve portfolio performance objectives related to delinquency, repossession and losses
- Use existing, and establish new, data and reporting to effectively monitor, manage and control collections-related processes
- Identify and implement initiatives that target improved employee efficiency, effectiveness and compliance adherence
- Exhibit leadership actions that support a culture of employee engagement, clear expectations and consistent accountability
- Support management directives, implementing required changes while effectively leading the change management process for the collections team members
- Serve as escalation point for complex customer/loan situations and various approval requests
- Collaboratively partner with cross-functional teams in compliance, HR, product/IT, and other operational areas to execute company objectives
The Ideal Candidate
- Routinely leverages data and analytics to make business decisions
- Comfortable providing coaching, constructive feedback, guidance and corrective action to subordinate staff members
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and has exceptional organizational skills
- Shows integrity in the workplace and understands the importance of maintaining compliance with regulatory standards
- Capable of reviewing key processes, identifying areas of opportunity, and implementing related remedial actions
- Excited by the idea of constant change; comfortable being uncomfortable
- Willing to take on new tasks as they come up and solve problems in real time
Requirements & Experience
- Ability to work proficiently in a remote, WFH location
- 2+ years of experience working in a contact center leadership role
- 5+ years of collections experience with remote teams, preferably auto loan collections experience
- Familiarity with consumer debt collection regulatory compliance requirements
- Advanced skill level Microsoft Excel and/or other data analysis programs
- Experience using TalkDesk or similar contact center software systems
- Proven track record of leading and developing direct reports
Diversity is a competitive advantage. We celebrate our differences, and are better when we have a variety of experiences, viewpoints, and backgrounds.
Compassion is a strength. We care about our customers and look to build long-term relationships with them.
Simplicity is a key feature. We work hard to make our forms and processes as painless and intuitive as possible.
Honesty and transparency are non negotiable. We incorporate these traits in all of our interactions.
Financial opportunity belongs to everyone. We work every day to improve lives by extending this opportunity.
If you believe these things too then we would love to hear from you!