Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
At Lendbuzz, we believe financial opportunity should be more personalized and fair. We develop innovative technologies that provide underserved and overlooked borrowers with better access to credit. From our employees to our dealers, partners, and borrowers, we’ve built a company and a culture around a resolute belief in the promise and power of diversity. We value independent and critical thinking.
We are looking for a Staff Attorney to join our team in Boston and assist the legal department in enforcing and protecting the interests of the organization. You’ll work across functions, geographies, and with various stakeholders to coordinate and shepherd legal matters to
successful completion. In this role, you will take the lead on time-sensitive items and execute with the highest sense of urgency to maximize business outcomes.
- Draft, send, track, and monitor legal demand letters and litigation in order to resolve business disputes related to dealerships, impound lots, repair shops, and other parties.
- Investigate legal issues related to contractual disputes and perform fact investigations.
- Coordinate with external counsel on state law specific disputes and ensure deadlines are met while acting as a liaison with relevant operations team members.
- Perform legal research across the company's footprint of ~35 states nationwide.
- Enhance the process for complying with applicable bankruptcy law and filings of customers. Ensure judicial process is properly followed and complied with and that operations adhere to bankruptcy code requirements and agreements.
- Provide guidance and verification that internal quality assurance processes monitor appropriate operational procedures and meet legal requirements.
- Provide guidance and verification that processes and system configurations align with laws and regulations related to particular requirements (i.e. bankruptcy, SCRA).
- Provide guidance on operations procedures pertaining to state and federal laws and regulations related to customer contacts and interactions.
- Provide guidance on written notices sent to customers, both in the normal course of business and with ad hoc communications, as required.
- Conduct root cause analysis and initiate corrective action plans related to recurring themes of customer complaints.
- Assist in the review processes and provide guidance ensuring compliant operational processes, free of disparate treatment or other consumer treatment concerns, as it relates to repossession and replevin practices.
- Assist in various additional technical and reporting matters, as necessary.
- Assist in additional legal matters, as necessary.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience working in a legal or legal-related role.
- Self starter able to drive projects and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience working with lending programs a plus.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, with the discernibility to escalate urgent issues when necessary.
- Interest in working in the judicial system in a variety of jurisdictions and subject areas.
- Admission to at least one bar, preferably Massachusetts.
Diversity is a competitive advantage. We celebrate our differences, and are better when we have a variety of experiences, viewpoints, and backgrounds.
Compassion is a strength. We care about our customers and look to build long-term relationships with them.
Simplicity is a key feature. We work hard to make our forms and processes as painless and intuitive as possible.
Honesty and transparency are non negotiable. We incorporate these traits in all of our interactions.
Financial opportunity belongs to everyone. We work every day to improve lives by extending this opportunity.
If you believe these things too then we would love to hear from you!