Director, Product Design
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
At Lendbuzz, we believe financial opportunity should be more personalized and fair. We develop innovative technologies that provide underserved and overlooked borrowers with better access to credit. From our employees to our dealers, partners, and borrowers, we’ve built a company and a culture around a resolute belief in the promise and power of diversity. We value independent and critical thinking.
Lendbuzz is looking to hire its first Director of Product Design. Reporting to our VP of Product, this individual will use their design skills and leadership experience to elevate our product design system. This is a role that will significantly impact our growth, touch all parts of our business, and provide visible opportunities for business impact and career growth.
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage our team of product designers, who design exceptional products that solve key pain points from start to finish
- Participate in all phases of design from problem definition to feature development and iterative optimization
- Connect business strategies, available technologies, and design solutions to deliver best-in-class user experiences that demonstrate an understanding of user needs
- Act as player/coach, being the leader, evangelist and most accountable person in the realm of product design while also taking on the role of individual contributor when needed
- Implement expert project plans and processes to ensure the appropriate stakeholders are involved and aligned
- Put together high-fidelity and low-fidelity mockups; manage and add components, and publish and manage Lendbuzz’s design system / product design guidelines
- Apply UX experience to manage and accomplish UX research, synthesizing insights from research sessions
What you should have:
- A website/portfolio that showcases the quality and range of your product design work (please include in your application materials)
- 6+ years of product design experience working with users and technical teams to design and implement products that reach production and delight customers
- 2+ years in a product design leadership capacity
- A strong proficiency in Figma – from feature and component design and organization to engineering handoff
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to work Eastern Time hours, and to travel to our Boston HQ 1-2x per quarter
What we offer:
- A culture that values product ownership, collaborative architectural planning, and building wins for your resume/portfolio as much as for the company
- Smart, dynamic people with whom you can share the experience of building something unique
- Competitive salary with opportunities for growth and advancement
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- Generous parental leave
- Retirement plan with 4% company match
- Flexible vacation policy
Diversity is a competitive advantage. We celebrate our differences, and are better when we have a variety of experiences, viewpoints, and backgrounds.
Compassion is a strength. We care about our customers and look to build long-term relationships with them.
Simplicity is a key feature. We work hard to make our forms and processes as painless and intuitive as possible.
Honesty and transparency are non negotiable. We incorporate these traits in all of our interactions.
Financial opportunity belongs to everyone. We work every day to improve lives by extending this opportunity.
If you believe these things too then we would love to hear from you!